LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Australian Lures > QLD Lures > Barra King
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

My HH Barra Kings

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grey nomad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My HH Barra Kings
    Posted: 28 Mar 2016 at 9:55pm
Don't have a lot but just thought I would share, please ignore the two Leads in top left corner, enjoy Smile.

Gristy
Kimo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2016 at 10:11pm
Fantastic, They all look Fantastic thanks for showing them.
I am going to ask another stupid question for which I am known for
Almost all of those lures appear to be in pristine condition, Do you buy them that way or do you touch them up to obtain that new unscaved appearance,
If they are touched up do they loose value not being origional ?
Hope these are not to stupid a questions.
Cheers Kimo
hooknose View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hooknose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2016 at 10:26pm
They are sell originals Kimo, no touch ups, pretty awesome to view in the flesh mate
Steve r.
MAN I LOVE FISHING ! ! !
Steve B View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2016 at 10:31pm
Hi Carl, nice is that spotted one in the first pic rare? Don't think I've seen one of those before.
Cheers Steve
handbrake View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote handbrake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2016 at 10:39pm
Carl, I notice only one red eye in that wonderful collection. Is red rarer to get. A few yellow eyes but most white.
Middle of third row- spotty one with larger pupils in the eye. Sort of sticks out as different, is it a later one?
Debbie D
tjanda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tjanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2016 at 11:00pm
Lovely collection mate i have that same spotted king in my collection except yours is in excellent condition from what i have read henry hall only made half a dozen of them and ive only seen 1 on LL awesome to look at mate top job. sonny ✌
bignanny View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
CAM Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bignanny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2016 at 11:16pm
Wonderful collection Carl thanks for sharing. Regards Chris 
All my braids gone!
Tony Mc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Mc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2016 at 7:54am
"Don't have a lot..." Confused LOLLOL

Great collection ClapClapClap
a good lure is a tool, not a toy - Vic McCristal
micknq View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micknq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2016 at 9:26am
Nice bunch Carl, another collection with the bleeding mullet 6" DD missing I see.
Seaweed View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
née Capt.Seaweed

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seaweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2016 at 3:37pm
Very nice Carl, looks like you've been busy. If going to the Expo and you have any doubles to trade, I'll have likewise.
Regards, Tony.
"Always Merry and Bright"
grey nomad View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote grey nomad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2016 at 9:48pm
Steve yes you could call the spotted one rare, according to Aileen she only painted 4 or 5 like that.
Nice early Leads BTW Big smile.

Yes Debbie, again you could say it's another rare HH, I only know of this one but maybe somebody has another HH hidden away ? Given the thumbs up by Henry as his. Just a guess but maybe painted around the time of Ron Dau taking over ?

Sonny, I originally owned the other spotted one on LL Cry, silly mistake letting it go, It was a slightly different green/brown.

Mick, you do realise why the 6" Bleeding Mullet is so scarce don't you ??

There are also a few minor differences in the models which for me make it a bit easier to timeline them.

Thanks to you all for appreciating them Smile. Off topic slightly but I'm surprised that Jimmacs don't get the same recognition Confused, they certainly deserve it in my books.

Also posted a pic of my 5 early round bibs.

Gristy
Steve B View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2016 at 10:15pm
Thanks Carl
Much respect
Cheers Steve
micknq View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micknq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2016 at 11:52pm

Mick, you do realise why the 6" Bleeding Mullet is so scarce don't you ??

Negative mate, share the bad news please
hooknose View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hooknose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2016 at 1:06am
Love your work Carl, also love your lures !!!
awesome display !!!
MAN I LOVE FISHING ! ! !
jaybonnie View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybonnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2016 at 1:36am
Great collection grey nomad and thanks for showingThumbs Up
THE CODFATHER
Seaweed View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
née Capt.Seaweed

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seaweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2016 at 11:54am
Carl, notice the larger pupil on the early round bibs? That's one way I've found to age them, next in the chronological order, you get the coffin lid bib shapes, but with the red (sometimes other colour) stripe at the bib base, I guess to represent the gills, they're circa 1981/2.
Thanks for sharing.
Seaweed.
"Always Merry and Bright"
beesknees View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beesknees Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2016 at 10:05pm
Yep some great old barra lures. probably my favourite. I was lucky enough to use these as a young fella and caught a lot of barra. Regards Ian
PS Mick. He did make the 6" dd bleeding mullet
micknq View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micknq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2016 at 10:11pm
Originally posted by beesknees beesknees wrote:

Yep some great old barra lures. probably my favourite. I was lucky enough to use these as a young fella and caught a lot of barra. Regards Ian
PS Mick. He did make the 6" dd bleeding mullet

Aaah yes, the search continues, at least it exists, thanks Ian.
NQ FISH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NQ FISH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2016 at 10:33pm
Very nice collection. Thanks for sharing
Bad days fishing is better than a good days work
Cheers chris
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic