Forum Home Forum Home > Fishing > Messing around in Boats
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

My new Polycraft

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
CAM Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bignanny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My new Polycraft
    Posted: 04 Dec 2016 at 8:39pm
Here's my new Polycaft. Mercury 4 Stroke Command Thrust, Minn Kota I Pilot, Garmin 95SV sounder. Haven't had time to use it apart from trialing it. 41mph WOT. Cruises nice at 4000rpm. Heaps of room and very comfortable to ride in. 
All my braids gone!
jebe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jebe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2016 at 8:47pm
NICE!!!!!!
I was looking at these bad boys but couldn't find one in my price range. I'm very jealous, very nice ride.
Thanks for sharing
Justin
Fysshe Salmon View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Fysshe Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fysshe Salmon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2016 at 9:36pm
Very nice, like the carpeted areas, not standard features. Should be good as an all round fishing boat.. Smile
Fysshe
steiny View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steiny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2016 at 8:50am
Very nice outfit Chris!
cheers steiny
puglee62 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fugly Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puglee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2016 at 11:51am
beautiful boat Chris,be a nice quiet boat to chase Dam Barra but as Fysshe said good allround boat too.love the punisher steering wheel buttonWinkThumbs Up
that's no how ye make porridge!
hypnos View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hypnos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2016 at 2:07pm
ripper boat !!! WinkWink - initially they lacked stowage but were quiet & very stable 
cheers 
bazz
a wife & a steady job are a handicap to the serious fisherman !!
horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2016 at 4:56pm
Awesome boat, have always liked the polycraft boats. Like your choice in sounders too, the next step up from my 75SV Garmin. If this sounder would have been on special I would have prefered that - the older you get and more blind you get the more you appreciated bigger screensLOL
Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
hooknose View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hooknose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2016 at 5:55pm
Good looking set up Chris, the fish will be nervous !!!
Cheers Steve R !!!
MAN I LOVE FISHING ! ! !
Kimo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2016 at 9:27pm
Nice boat mate, 1 of the few if not the only boat made that will go straight into servey without modification.
Cheers Kimo
Nativeman View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nativeman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2016 at 1:41pm
I've always like these polycraft boats,,would love to  own one someday. Great Sounder, learn to use the Quick Draw asap, its a game changer. Expect more fish over the side...

Nice colour too

Tony View Drop Down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2016 at 3:15pm
Very nice setup Chris.

Big fan of the Polys as well! My last was a Polycraft 530 with suzi DF115, it took on any seas you threw at it with ease.

My boat was used to do polycraft's bikini video commercial for the 530, unfortunately I was nowhere near it at the time of the filming.  CryLOL
Cheers, Tony

For the love of Fishing Lures.
bignanny View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
CAM Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bignanny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2016 at 9:52pm
Thanks guys, I did heaps of research before I bought and they've stood the test of time. One thing i didn't like is there is no flat storage space under the front. I cut in some ply under the front, gave it a coat of resin and glued some carpet down and has come up pretty good. Pictured is the Minn Kota battery, tools ect. Safety gear fits down the back. I also picked up this cool fatigue mat for it. Hope you like.
All my braids gone!
hypnos View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hypnos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2016 at 5:48am
looks the goods chris - nice one !!! WinkWink
cheers
bazz
a wife & a steady job are a handicap to the serious fisherman !!
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2016 at 8:02pm
Pretty spiffy mate - done wellThumbs Up
Martin-

Doc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2016 at 1:03am
Nice!!!!! Love Poly Ethylene boats resently I welded lugs and handles to 2 kayaks for motor mounts and more comfortable to use handles that doubled as tie downs for transport. All the plastic came from a McDonald's play ground that was torn down in a referb 
Something that surprises people is P.E is lighter than water not alot lighter but 92% to 95% the weight of water 
If you are thinking of adding some bits and pieces to your boat think of welding them on rather than bolting them on 
One word of caution high sustained loads over long periods of time can crack polyethylene as if there was a fault with the plastic so be careful when tightening bolts through P.E. plastic 
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2016 at 2:46pm
Some very good advice there Doc. I'm lousy at welding plastic - worse then welding metal (and that's sad Ouch) so I would be better off going to somebody who knows what they are doing if and when I get a poly boat.
Martin-

Doc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2016 at 1:07pm
Hi Martin
I done the plastic welding course 30yrs ago after finishing my trade waited 20yrs to actually use it for repairing large water tanks and making polycarbonate guards and shields on a canning and jarring line I always wanted to fabricate a polyethylene / polypropylene boat with extrution welders I belive it would be economical and offer advantages of glass and aluminium the only small unknown would be thermal expansion having been involved in injection moulding and toolmaking for the last 10 years I can not come to terms with a bag of granular plastic costs $60 and a sheet of the same material costs $220,,, trust me it's not the transition
I know this is a bit off topic but I feeling contrary
Pegasus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pegasus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2017 at 9:10am
Very nice rig- is that a new colour addition? Like it. I think polys are great but I am biased having owned 4.5 and the Brumby 4.8 in the past. Mate had a 5.3 c/c - it was awesome fishing machine. Outboard looks sweet. Congrats. Some good times ahead :)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic