Forum Home Forum Home > Fishing > Messing around in Boats
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

my new toys

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: my new toys
    Posted: 16 Nov 2016 at 5:48pm
Big smileBig smileBig smileBig smileGarmin echoMAP 75 sv   and a 65 lb thrust foot and hand held remote control Watersnake. I'm so good to myself at ChristmasLOLLOLLOLLOL

Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
madoldeel View Drop Down
Ex Member.
Ex Member.
fake profile

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madoldeel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2016 at 6:00pm
Very nice mate...can you join the watersnake to the garmin so they can talk to each other like Humminbird & Mini Koto....
Mate I feel the fish will be getting very worried now....stealth mode Horrorhead....you will be blown away by what you will see....electric motor so quiet.....Martin you will be like creeping Jesus now mate...
madoldeel View Drop Down
Ex Member.
Ex Member.
fake profile

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madoldeel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2016 at 6:03pm
oh yeah....forgot to tell you....now get the biggest battery you can fit in your boat.....I use a 120 amp hour battery & last all day on it...I only have I-Pilot 54 pound & my boat is heavy as...only gone flat once....against the tide & blown 50 knots...speed 10 & only just moving...still lasted 4 hours...
horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2016 at 6:06pm
No I can't link them. The Watersnake does 80% of what I want it to do. For me to get the Min Kota or equivalent to do 100%, then I would have been looking at $2,500 not the $800 on line special I paid.
Martin-

rodsncods View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rodsncods Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2016 at 6:23pm
onya big fella........mick
BEER IS PROOF THAT GOD LOVES US AND WANTS US TO BE HAPPY!!!
MadDogLures View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Mad Dog Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadDogLures Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2016 at 6:27pm
Very nice Martin and the fish are getting worried.Thumbs Up

Cheers
Dave
Life is fishing!
gimme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gimme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2016 at 7:03pm
Nice. When you have the Garmin up and running can you let us know what you think of it as they are a great price compared to other brands with the same features. I have a 5 year old humminbird 898 and I hope it lasts a lot longer, but...
Plastic is for storing lures, not making them.
madoldeel View Drop Down
Ex Member.
Ex Member.
fake profile

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madoldeel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2016 at 7:34pm
I have had most brands as son works in trade & I get all the toys....best is the Garmin,my son say the Garmin 75SV the Martin just got is best in market place & cheapest to boot...My Humminbird had nothing but drama...would fog up so I could not read it...sent back to factory to fix...fogged up first time I used it again....Garmin...never had a drama...I have Garmin maps & Humminbird sounder...next sounder is Garmin 75SV,,,,
Kimo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2016 at 8:37pm
I would also be interested in the performance of both units
I am preparing my old boat for sale and will let the lorance 2 in one go with the boat and upgrade in my other boat to something with a side scana.
Also looking at getting the largest car topper I can and get back up to the Kimberly to do all the stuff I missed last trip
Please keep us informed of their proformance
Cheers Kimo
bignanny View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
CAM Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bignanny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2016 at 8:43pm
Good stuff martin. I have the garmin 95sv. Very user friendly units. 
All my braids gone!
Steve B View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2016 at 9:11pm
The one with the most toys wins
scotch&dry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scotch&dry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2016 at 11:24pm
A bit of retail therapy hey martin i hear ya brother i hear ya
Ed.McC
hypnos View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hypnos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2016 at 5:31am
H / H ....the only difference between men & boys is the price of the toys !!!  lol ... & the quantity of them .. of course WinkWink
you should be happy with the new rig now bro
cheers
bazz 
a wife & a steady job are a handicap to the serious fisherman !!
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2016 at 5:42pm
Originally posted by bignanny bignanny wrote:

Good stuff martin. I have the garmin 95sv. Very user friendly units. 

At the moment BCF Online - my Garmin for $999 instead of $1499. I like the bigger screen of the 95SV, but my tinnie is 13 foot long (3.9 metres) so it may have become a little bit of overkill.

I played with the demo models in store and yes - very easy to use, apart from the price, that was a huge draw card for a tech challenged bloke like me.Confused
Martin-

LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2016 at 5:51pm
Originally posted by Kimo Kimo wrote:

I would also be interested in the performance of both units
I am preparing my old boat for sale and will let the lorance 2 in one go with the boat and upgrade in my other boat to something with a side scana.
Also looking at getting the largest car topper I can and get back up to the Kimberly to do all the stuff I missed last trip
Please keep us informed of their proformance
Cheers Kimo

Kimo - I have already fitted the Watersnake, it's easily removable for security reasons - goes great once you get used to the foot controls - only ever had tiller steering eleccys before. At a 65 lb thrust motor on a 13 foot tinnie, a burst at full speed while turning can really swing that boat aroundLOL
Martin-

LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2016 at 5:57pm
Originally posted by hypnos hypnos wrote:

H / H ....the only difference between men & boys is the price of the toys !!!  lol ... & the quantity of them .. of course WinkWink
you should be happy with the new rig now bro
cheers
bazz 

Once I get the Garmin fitted, have to put in a small console to mount it on, it will do 95% of what I want a tinnie for - so very happy.Big smileBig smileBig smile
Martin-

rodsncods View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rodsncods Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2016 at 6:50pm
yeah well , when you get everything sorted, get a carton (beer) bait, food, come and pick me up and we'll go fishing. then you can drop me off home and clean MY fish. then you can go home and clean your boat and put things away.Big smile........ it has happened, oh yeah, you pay for the fuel........mick
BEER IS PROOF THAT GOD LOVES US AND WANTS US TO BE HAPPY!!!
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2016 at 5:54pm
Originally posted by rodsncods rodsncods wrote:

yeah well , when you get everything sorted, get a carton (beer) bait, food, come and pick me up and we'll go fishing. then you can drop me off home and clean MY fish. then you can go home and clean your boat and put things away.Big smile........ it has happened, oh yeah, you pay for the fuel........mick

HA HA yeah, I have plenty of mates where that has happened to themShocked. We had to shame one bloke one time just to get him to pay for his share of fuel on a mate's boat - and he still took home most of the fillets. He left camp for home early in the morning with the coral trout  fillets that would have put him over "in possession" laws.
Martin-

LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2016 at 3:51pm
Finally fitted the Garmin - sorry about the photos, still got to learn how to screen shot the unit. I went for a cruise up the Logan to test and learn about the unit. Time on the water with it will see me understand it better but so far I am extremely happy with the unit.

This is the 3D chart and like Google Earth you can change you perspective of the screen from "street" level to high in the sky level. It is easier seeing the channel markers from street level though.

The unit comes with combinations already pre-set. But you can make and customize a combo like I did with this screen here - hey if I can do it first go then it must be super easy.

Martin-

LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2016 at 3:54pm
Also really happy with the tinnie, was surprised when I hit 42.3 kilometres per hourShocked. I thought the top speed would have been about 30 kph at the most, the boat cruises nicely at 30 - 35 kph.
Martin-

hooknose View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hooknose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2016 at 5:48pm
Enjoy Martin :-):-):-)
Cheers steve r
MAN I LOVE FISHING ! ! !
puglee62 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fugly Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puglee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2017 at 6:52am
Originally posted by horrorhead horrorhead wrote:

Also really happy with the tinnie, was surprised when I hit 42.3 kilometres per hourShocked. I thought the top speed would have been about 30 kph at the most, the boat cruises nicely at 30 - 35 kph.
that was one of the things that surprised me with it Martin,she knows how to boogie!Big smile.thats an awesome sounder too mate ,might have to get one myself a bit down the track
that's no how ye make porridge!
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2017 at 10:38am
Only had it on WOT for a minute or so, usually don't like pushing motors at their limits for too long. But you should know what the motor can do as well as thrash it every now and again to keep all of the moving part "free".
Martin-

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic