Forum Home Forum Home > International Lures > Asian Lures > Chinese Lures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

My Obsession

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
JaySea Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samurai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My Obsession
    Posted: 15 Jan 2015 at 5:32pm
My name is Warren and I collect and use only Chinese made lures, there I said itBig smile and I got to place the first thread here lol. The pic is a very very small part of my collection.

Samurai
horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2015 at 5:51pm
LOL, whatever floats your boat as we all have our weaknesses LOL - mine are too many to list ......but I am not a collectorWinkLOL
Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2015 at 5:57pm
ive seen them all...well some and quality and paint is outstanding....still doesn't float my boat as much as a slightly rough aussie lure of timber for fishing or for hoarding...but hey who cares each to their own!
I like your intro.....bit like an AA meeting or similar
Nichos Maulers Homemade timber lures....THEY CATCH FISH!

YA DONT KNOW...IF YA DONT GO...SO GET OUT THERE AND... FISH IT
lead lure View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lead lure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2015 at 6:06pm
My name is Graeme I too have a lot of Chinese lures.Itis like a AA meeting or maybe a LA meeting and I think Martin is in denial
Cheers Graeme
hypnos View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hypnos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2015 at 9:52am
warren 
i was at caboolture markets this morning & i saw various asian lures :-
( was told some were chinese - some were japanese )

aile magnet  $ 6
avoy shad     $ 6

gillies ( china ) $ 5
wandelei          $ 5

unknown out of singapore via perth  $ 4 or 6 for $ 20

cheers
a wife & a steady job are a handicap to the serious fisherman !!
Yatesdavid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yatesdavid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2015 at 3:09pm
Hi Warren well done bud, the first step is the hardest admitting you have a problem, it will get easier every day,stick with it
Dave
samurai View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
JaySea Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samurai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2015 at 7:55pm
Originally posted by Yatesdavid Yatesdavid wrote:

Hi Warren well done bud, the first step is the hardest admitting you have a problem, it will get easier every day,stick with it

Only trouble with Chinese lures is it's like Chinese food, you buy one and a hour later you want to buy another.Smile

Warren
Any Brand Of Lure Is Only As Good As The Fishermen Using It.
hypnos View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hypnos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2015 at 9:29am
warren
hippopotamus pawn brokers in morayfield have a basket of asian ( chinese ) ?? lures at $ 1 each plus some other dearer ones
cheers
a wife & a steady job are a handicap to the serious fisherman !!
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2015 at 5:26pm
Originally posted by lead lure lead lure wrote:

My name is Graeme I too have a lot of Chinese lures.Itis like a AA meeting or maybe a LA meeting and I think Martin is in denial
Cheers Graeme

AM  NOT ...... !!!!LOL
Martin-

Kimo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2015 at 3:45pm
Hi Guys My name is Kim and I got a stack of Asian Lures that I don`t have a clue where they come from, But it scares me to think of getting rid of them.
Here are my Sure Catch Lures I think from the seventies
I know the name sure catch is still around and I think distributed or owned by Wilson But I have not seen these on the shop floors any where Do They Still make them ?
Or are they still made under a Asian Brand and the Wilson Sure Catch no longer do them ?
I suppose I mean do I fish them or put them away for 500 weeks ???

Cheers Kimo
Fysshe Salmon View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Fysshe Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fysshe Salmon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2015 at 4:38pm
I'm pretty sure that Sure Catch lures are still around. Those ones are mostly from this century, 90's at the earliest. We've all used them as they made reasonable copies of well known lures. Always in the "Special Bin" at tackle shops... Wink
Fysshe
lead lure View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lead lure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2015 at 6:29pm
Dont tell anyone but I have caught a lot of yellows on the little surecatch yabby
Cheers Graeme
Kimo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2015 at 6:53pm
Thanks Ian
Yes you would be right about the 90 s Don`t know where I got the 70`S from.Cool change here today, I must still have a heat hangover
I looked up Wilson and looked at their lure range, they still displayed Sure Catch products but I could not see anything that looked like these and I haven`t seen them on the shelf's down here for years
and yer they do seem to swim ok so it looks like they will get wet
Thanks
Yer I got 2 of those yabbies
Thanks Guys
Cheers Kimo
Seaweed View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
née Capt.Seaweed

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seaweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2015 at 2:40pm
Funny you guys should mention 'AA'.
Reminds me of that old joke, 'fella is finally coaxed into going along by his family, enters the meeting hall, approaches the front desk, first thing the organiser asks, 'NAME' LOL.
Seaweed.
"Always Merry and Bright"
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2015 at 4:38pm
Originally posted by lead lure lead lure wrote:

Dont tell anyone but I have caught a lot of yellows on the little surecatch yabby
Cheers Graeme

Their yabbies have caught a lot of bass as well.
Martin-

jaybonnie View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybonnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2015 at 11:06pm
Nice collection
THE CODFATHER
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic