LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Fishing Tackle > Vintage and Collectible
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

my older reels

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reggy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: my older reels
    Posted: 10 Nov 2018 at 12:42pm
Hi guys, Reggy here. I am a newby.
Just wanted to show some of my older reels. You might be interested.

AMBIDEX worm drive spinner from the fifties. made in England

DAM 270 super from West Germany about 1954

OCEAN CITY 112 USA  from fifties

AUSTRALIAN SURFMASTER 2/0 from the fifties

DAM 331 the S sticker is for high speed

ABU 12 IGFA 12LB CLASS from 1984
Fysshe Salmon View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Fysshe Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fysshe Salmon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2018 at 1:02pm
Some nice reels there Reggy! I had an ABU 12 as well, got it at a flea market for $20. It was an excellent trolling reel for 6kg line, got some nice pelagics on it...
Fysshe
Reggy View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reggy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2018 at 1:49pm
Yes, I saw one in a pawn shop recently that was reduced from $300.00 to $100.00. They started way too high.  It has been there for about a year now.
 It has a lot of rash on it but seems to be working well.
 I got mine for $220.00 about 3 years ago. Beautiful reels. Nearly everything inside is stainless and its hard to beat chromed brass sideplates.

Fysshe Salmon View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Fysshe Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fysshe Salmon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2018 at 3:44pm
I had it matched to A Butterworth "Jig King Deluxe" rod. Sold the combo a few years ago for $100, should've kept it as we're now finding some good reefs up here with some nice Trout and Fingermark on. 
Fysshe
Reggy View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reggy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2018 at 4:32pm
Your jig king deluxe probably was made on the same JS9 blank that my custom rod was made on.
A butterworth 9 wrap. Quite a powerful rod. 
al49 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote al49 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2018 at 5:32am
great collection there ,those spin reels are in mint condition ,have they  ever been used ?
it a lot better world if you just smile
Reggy View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reggy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2018 at 9:39am
Yes but not very much
kayargh1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kayargh1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2018 at 7:28am
The Ambidex reel is not often spoken of but was given some publicity in some of the old "Outdoors" and "Good Fishing" magazine articles of the late Brian Pratt from the late 1960s and early 1970s. He and a fishing partner, Gordon Winter, caught some pretty solid native fish on lures using an Ambidex reel and fishing out of a home made plywood boat. I loved those articles. Regards, Ken.
Reggy View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reggy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2018 at 4:17pm
Hi Ken
The Ambidex reels I have , I think are made for freshwater use. They are a very solid reel inside which could easily accommodate much heavier line than the spool and drag is designed for.
Most of the innards are steel.
horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2018 at 7:32pm
Originally posted by Reggy Reggy wrote:

Hi Ken
The Ambidex reels I have , I think are made for freshwater use. They are a very solid reel inside which could easily accommodate much heavier line than the spool and drag is designed for.
Most of the innards are steel.

What a cool reelClap
Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic