LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Australian Lures > NSW Lures > Downunder
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

My timber boomers

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote handbrake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My timber boomers
    Posted: 11 Sep 2012 at 7:39am
I have been secretly hoping a timber boomer would fall into my hands. I have the original boomerang shape and the Jindivik with a different bib. The bib has a crease and slopes off. Then a Kev Clark original with small eyes and also in the lot is a bibless plug with the boomer big eye on both sides.. I will confirm with Kev when he comes to the Dam in November and maybe he'll sign them too.
bassnbob View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
B.O.B Timber Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bassnbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2012 at 11:41am
ClapVERYnice lures there debbie Clapregards bob
Aussbasstony View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussbasstony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2012 at 9:33am
Hi Debbie,

i know it's difficult geting a good picture of lures, but is there any chance of a clearer picture of these Boomers please ? 

They look very nice ! 

thanks Tony 
Seaweed View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
née Capt.Seaweed

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seaweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2012 at 10:54am
Debbie, Kevin was selling a limited run of 100, early Siren shaped signed and numbered at the Expo. I didn't think they'd last, so grabbed one early on Saturday. Lovely bloke, I'm happy to have an original made by a master, don't find too many Boomers up this way LOL.
Regards, Seaweed.
"Always Merry and Bright"
handbrake View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote handbrake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2012 at 10:34pm
I am trying to improve my photos and it's hit and miss. A lot of deleting. Centre lure is the bibless which I'm sure is Kev's. I'll check it with him in Dec.
Seaweed View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
née Capt.Seaweed

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seaweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2012 at 10:22am
I see you scored one of the 100, nice colour pattern, same as my #44. Didn't see this one in your original post. Your photo is good and clear, I often have focus trouble on my wifes little digital camera. I now leave it on 'auto', hold the button half-down, camera then self focuses itself, before I push down all the way. Hope this helps, camera is a Sony Cybershot, a few years old now.
Seaweed.
handbrake View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote handbrake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2012 at 11:11pm
Kevin Clarke is on my favourite people list. I see him twice a year and I enjoy having a chat with him and  he answers all my silly questions. Who went freshwater fishing without a Boomerang in the tacklebox in the 90s.
Captain Seaweed I will try that next time with the auto focus.   Debbie D
CaptainCranky View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Guide
LureLovers.com Guide
Beta Tester

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainCranky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2012 at 8:44am
Great lot of Kev's lures Deb.Thankyou for posting them up.
The Journey is the Reward

handbrake View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote handbrake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2012 at 6:54am
These lures were lent to me to pat for a few days and unfortunately I had to return them. I had never seen any of Rob Smith's lures. Downunder on the bib with a black stamp with his name across it and also under the belly. No flat angles under the belly as in boomerangs. What do you think?
bilge View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Bill Jackson Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bilge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2012 at 7:02am
Debbie great lures, looks like you have cracked the code forphotos as well.
billj
The older I get the more I learn.
Seaweed View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
née Capt.Seaweed

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seaweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2012 at 8:44am
I've only ever held one Boomerang, the one I got from Kevin at the Expo, but it looks like these, I'd say these are the original 'Siren' shape. Must have been the time before they went into commercial production. Thanks for showing, these are real collectables. What became of Rob Smith? You'd see his name often in freshwater fishing articles from the 80's.
Seaweed.
handbrake View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote handbrake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2012 at 6:43am
I can't answer that question but maybe Wazza could as he lives at Inverell.      Debbie.
steiny View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steiny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2012 at 7:27am
Nice lures Debbie...thanks for sharing!
cheers steiny
wazza View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wazza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2012 at 3:38pm
Originally posted by Capt.Seaweed Capt.Seaweed wrote:

Hi Capt, Rob Smith & Frank Gaukroger relocated themselves and Predatek lures to Port Macquarie about 6 or 7 years ago.
warren

I've only ever held one Boomerang, the one I got from Kevin at the Expo, but it looks like these, I'd say these are the original 'Siren' shape. Must have been the time before they went into commercial production. Thanks for showing, these are real collectables. What became of Rob Smith? You'd see his name often in freshwater fishing articles from the 80's.
Seaweed.
handbrake View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote handbrake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2012 at 8:08pm
Thanks Warren for that information.    Debbie D
handbrake View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote handbrake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2012 at 6:47am
Well I was wrong the bibless isn't Kevin Clark's. Warren Steptoe said NQld maker. Any ideas.
handbrake View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote handbrake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2012 at 7:14am
MD Lures Cairns have laid claim to the bibless beauty. One of 12 made in late 80s. Mine looks like new. Debbie D. Do you want to see the later versions of Kev Clark's?
StevenM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StevenM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2012 at 4:43pm
If you dont mind Deb that would be great
handbrake View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote handbrake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2012 at 8:28pm
First the old then the new. I love Kev Clarke's work.
StevenM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StevenM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2012 at 7:07am
Nice 

thanks for sharing Deb
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic