LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Lure Making > Make your own Fishing Lures > 3D Printed Lures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

My Weird Creativity

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lycan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My Weird Creativity
    Posted: 15 Oct 2016 at 5:07pm
Gday All,

Thought would post some footage of the weird stuff I have made over the years.

Two WarningsTWO WARNINGS

1. It starts off with bait fishing orientated, as that was before I got into luring.

2. The camera man is shithouse.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xi4PR-GV88

Cheers
Living outside of the square means never having to sit in the corner
charger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote charger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2016 at 5:03pm
Cool vid.
horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2016 at 6:21pm
A lot of very original ideasClapClapClap, just as well you use your imagination for good and not evilLOL
Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
Cod Classic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Cod Classic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2016 at 10:51pm
Absolutely brilliant Steve. If there were a dozen blokes like you in this country who thought half as much as you did, as a fisho, we would be better off.

Personally have been privileged to spend an hour or two (and have a couple of "sleepovers") in the shed where all the brilliance happens. 

Keep up the great work.

Cheers TB
Kimo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Kimo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2016 at 11:38pm
Gota wonder how many good idea`s come from Boardom & JIMMY BEAM
Well done mate, keep it up
Kimo
matt fraser View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder

Barambah Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote matt fraser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2016 at 9:57am
Great video, anyone can have a idea, but not too many people have the skills and tenacity to make them happen. I can see that 100s of hours have gone into making and refining those ideas. 

Well done, thanks for sharing.

Matt
Lycan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lycan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2016 at 5:47pm
Thanks guys,

Lost track of the hours spent trying to go from concept to functionality.

That rotating surface lure design really pushed the sanity limitations, of which I lost according to the wife on many occasions.

Have quite a few other items sitting in the vault that should hopefully create some interest amongst you all.

Tony did you do the field days this year ???

Anyway thanks again Guys - Now I just have to learn how to air brush.
horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2016 at 7:55am
I was wondering how you could make the wings fold on a jitterbug style lure to assist with casting and thought up of something similar - but you have nailed it. If you fix that "head" to not to rotate then you would have exactly what I was exploring in my imagination.  Well done on your perserverence you deserve every bit of cudos you get  Clap
Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
Lycan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lycan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2016 at 8:29pm
Hi Martin,

Making a walking style surface lure with folding wings would have been a quicker option, but as I for some reason love to make things difficult, I had to go for a rotating style.

Plus with a rotational design, every movement of the lure creates nice water displacement, even when used with a very slow retrieve as the lure cannot physically move without rotating.

I think I am just my own nemesis when it comes to creating things - but I do enjoy the challenges.

PM me if you want a walking style with folding wings, and I will nut it out and send you some thoughts on how to get the result your after, taking into consideration you no doubt want a timber body.

Cheers
madoldeel View Drop Down
Ex Member.
Ex Member.
fake profile

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote madoldeel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2016 at 8:53pm
Wow....some of them idea`s are awesome...it is all math...take 1 crazy fisherman & add Jim Beam & you have some crazy arse shit...well done mate...love the spinner with fold up blades...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic