LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Australian Lures > NSW Lures > Werner Kossman (WK)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Name That WK Lure

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Schultzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Name That WK Lure
    Posted: 24 May 2014 at 9:07pm
Here's one of my old WK Lures, purchased from Bob Dowse Sports Store in the seventies.

Too many deceased brain cells to remember the model name.  Typical of WK Lures, it is made of  metal but, unlike most of werner's creations, it is hollow.

Yes, the lure is as old as my tape measure! Wink

CaptainCranky View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Guide
LureLovers.com Guide
Beta Tester

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainCranky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2014 at 1:13am
Nice old lure neil.i think it may be moulded plastic though.i bought some direct off werner when he was in lawson crescent coffs.i still may have one in the packet in my room however I am a long way away from it at present to check.i can,t remember it,s name but someone on the site may.
The Journey is the Reward

Oldman View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Guide
LureLovers.com Guide

Beta Tester

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2014 at 9:31am
Originally posted by CaptainCranky CaptainCranky wrote:

Nice old lure neil.i think it may be moulded plastic though.i bought some direct off werner when he was in lawson crescent coffs.i still may have one in the packet in my room however I am a long way away from it at present to check.i can,t remember it,s name but someone on the site may.

Send me your keys…
I will go and have a look.Big smile
Darby View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fishaholic Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2014 at 9:33am
I and the database/books got nothing Unhappy I was hoping you would know it Barry

Interesting lure though Neil, if it is metal, that is an amazing pressing to get all the detail.
any chance of a close up of belly and/or top??

Brad
"If you are going to have fun with your rod.. get some wood

Seaweed View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
née Capt.Seaweed

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seaweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2014 at 10:12am
When are you going to change your 'location' info. on site Cranky? Fancy you'd be the first LL member from Alaska LOL.
Seaweed.
"Always Merry and Bright"
LureLovers.com Guide
LureLovers.com Guide
Beta Tester

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainCranky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2014 at 12:26pm
Maybe Tony can temporarily sort that location to Sitka.
Laurie you are welcome to come up and stay anytime(AS LONG AS I AM HOME)

simon bruce View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Guide
LureLovers.com Guide

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote simon bruce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2014 at 5:13pm
I've amended your location Barry to reflect your movement closer to the north pole.
the fish aren't art critics
redfish11 View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redfish11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2014 at 5:15pm
As in " Sitka on Santas knee" ?

Allan
LureLovers.com Guide
LureLovers.com Guide
Beta Tester

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainCranky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2014 at 2:43am
Thanks Simon.Allan make the most of my time away as this will be your absolute best chance to forge ahead with your collection.

Seaweed View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
née Capt.Seaweed

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seaweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2014 at 10:08am
Cranky, I'm sending Bruce Moller over to Cairns next month, we discussed it over a couple of coldies yesterday. Figured it's our best opportunity to score, he's using the excuse of visiting Westy, but we have a plan-B LOL.
Seaweed.
"Always Merry and Bright"
kayargh1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kayargh1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2014 at 10:34am
Barry is correct (as usual). The lure is plastic. I have one and will check it fir a possible name. Regards, Ken.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic