LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Lure Discussion > Welcome area
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pegasus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New member
    Posted: 19 Jan 2017 at 2:52pm
Greetings All,

I have stumbled across your great web site. Very much enjoying learning about lures and their makers. It was not till a recent fishing trip down Glen Lyon Dam way that my eyes opened were to lure collecting. In the past lures had just been a tool. Maybe as we get more season we appreciate things a little more :)

20 years in Military saw me posted various locations- Melbourne Sydney Albury Brisbane Townsville Darwin etc... . Got out in 1999. I was in Brisbane in the early 90's, a member of the North Brisbane Sports Fishing Club so there are some names/ info that are ringing bells. Plus a few other clubs here and there. My fishing has varied from different locations.I have picked up lures here and there. Unfortunately a lot of my tropical stuff must went to other homes or in a box yet to be found :). I have dusted off some lure boxes in the shed and hope to be posting a few pictures seeking some guidance/education in the future.

I have returned to settle in North Brisbane- Albany Creek. Still very passionate about fishing in many forms and my son has picked that up also.

Kind regards,

Lew
horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2017 at 5:59pm
Welcome to the site Lew - you must have seen quite a few cool lures in your time then?Clap
Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
handbrake View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote handbrake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2017 at 11:10pm
Welcome to Lurelovers Lew. Can't wait to see some photos.
Debbie Dare
Chep Buxley View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chep Buxley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2017 at 5:50am
Welcome to the site!
Pegasus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pegasus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2017 at 9:41am
Thank you guys for the welcome.

Sorry I am struggling a bit with this photo thing- I have the photos- I can see them in my file manager but can not get them to the forum. They are jpeg format.

Can any one assist/ pointers?

Kind regards,

lew
Yatesdavid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yatesdavid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2017 at 9:49am
Hay mate when you type a message on the screen you can see all the icons above, press on the one with the tree in the box withe the blue arrow and this will take you to the upload section
Dave
Mr Viper View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Viper Lures (Still Young)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Viper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2017 at 9:13pm
Hey Lew, welcome to the site , you'll find a lot to see and learn here, great people as well.
Fishing ??? Lets do it !!!!!!!!!!
Pegasus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pegasus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2017 at 9:11am
Thanks Shane- enjoying all the info- education.

Kind regards,

Lew
Johno100 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johno100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2017 at 10:23am
Gday all
I stumbled onto this site whilst searching for a certain lure that I love, a Stuckey by the way, and thought excellent, there are others addicted as I am.
As an ex-pro fisherman from gulf of Carpentaria I've travelled all over oz but only rarely had time to rod and reel till I settled in the Kimberley.
After 15 years chasing barra and everything in the mangroves and offshore Im lure hooked.
I returned to central Vic. to our farm after 30 years and discovered the magic of cod and yella lures. Bought a tinny and headed up to where I spent my childhood at Tocumwal.
I have become an avid fan of sandfly, kneller, Stuckey and a few others.
Thanks for the welcome to your site.
And tight string !!  Big smileThumbs Up
Addicted to lures ................and fishing of course !!
horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2017 at 4:24pm
Welcome to the site Johno - mate you have been around. Will be great to see what lures you have picked up, may help to identify some of my unknownsThumbs Up
Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic