LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Lure Making > Make your own Fishing Lures > D.I.Y Moulded Lures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New set done (with video)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sergio_kutz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New set done (with video)
    Posted: 01 Apr 2013 at 3:56pm
Hey guys,

Next 2 have been done up with a video of them swimming. Let me know what you think! Same lure, both have very different actions. Hopefully when in salt water they suspend a bit better!

D.Dads View Drop Down
Ron Davies Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote D.Dads Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2013 at 7:07pm
look great action should atract lots fish Ron
Darby View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fishaholic Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2013 at 8:35pm
Sergio, Frantic Antic or Headbanger...both seem to suit that action...certainly moves around Thumbs Up
"If you are going to have fun with your rod.. get some wood

Montah Steel View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member
Hobbled Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Montah Steel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2013 at 8:50pm
great video, massive action.
SNAFU View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
RIPP-N LURES

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNAFU Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2013 at 5:40am
Top video Serg,nice action on ya lures there mate....well done Thumbs Up

Mick!!!
ando 1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ando 1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2013 at 2:17pm

dont take this offensively i don't mean to be rude but somethings not quite right with the action it looks like there's a bearing or something swaying side to side causing a loop-de-loop type action instead of a roll or shimmy, may have limited applications.  what type of species did you have in mind for these lures. they do look good though maybe just a bit of fine tuning will produce an awesome lure.

nathan

sergio_kutz View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sergio_kutz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2013 at 3:04pm
Thanks Nathan I really appreciate the feedback.

The 'bearing' you see in the back is actually the crimp for the wire that's running through the lure. The lure is kind of a hybrid that i'm working on getting 'right'. It's a cast resin head with wire running through the lure. Only the first 2cm and bib is resin, the rest is a soft plastic material. Hence the need for the wire to run through it to keep it together. There's some black foam I cut up from an old thong that's used internally to keep it from sinking like a stone. That's why the gold lure looks back internally. Definately a work in progress, and I think the really wide and not tight action is due to the properties of the soft plastic. I'm hoping to make it more consistent in the future, as you can see there's a huge difference between the 2 lures which were made in the same manner.

Really appreciate the feedback and it was in no way rude or offensive, but very constructive and helpful!

Thanks again!
Strangalures View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strangalures Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2013 at 4:39pm
Sergio the first lure, I like the action on that one the best and when you test it in salt I hope you get that neutral sit in the lure when not moving
Hope you put this back up when fine tuned.
Cheers Rick
Mcleod View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder

Macquarie Customs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mcleod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2013 at 8:25pm
Sergio, they look great. Impressed with how they look.
hazmail View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Rayna Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hazmail Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2013 at 11:55pm
Interesting action Sergio, seem like it is about to pop out though, can you get it to do this when you can't see the lure and are just retrieving or jigging it back?? If you can it's a mighty action, something even I can't resistLOL. Like your methodical way of doing things, which should get some positive results.
Pete
   'RAYNA' ---Free Range Lures
peterayn@yahoo.com.au
goldtrev68 View Drop Down
Ex Member.
Ex Member.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goldtrev68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2013 at 9:48pm
I hit the screen like a jack,,,,yeh they could work me thinks,,well done mate,,very good,,Gary CFSA
sergio_kutz View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sergio_kutz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2013 at 9:52am
Hazmail, aside from the obvious twitching, the rest of the action is simply just winding the lure in at an appropriate pace. The white one required a slower reteieve while the gold one needed a bit quicker to get a good action. But you could 'feel' it through the rod so there were no issues in keeping it swimming correctly.

Well, after some 'field testing' in very ordinary (absolute crap) conditions up at Hinchinbrook... They did not sit neutral in salt water, bummer, but that was alright, they still swam alright but.......... The gold boy didn't make it home Cry Things were very shut down and with the crap weather up there we had water temps dropping by 1 degree everyday, 20-50 knot winds and plenty of rain (Bailing out over 10-20L before moving spots just to get the boat on the plane). So I thought, why not, couldn't do any worse. Popped on the gold fella, cast him at a muddy edge at the mouth of a small creek/drain. 2nd cast, 'Hey wait that's a tap!' and before I knew it there was a lovely little low 60's barra jumping left right and centre! I was stoked! Then as quickly as my elation was there, it was gone. The 4lb braid had a weak spot that just broke (my fault for using 5yr old braid). Devestated! but it worked! So now back to the drawing board to keep improving on them and getting them more consistant and hopefully easier to make!

I really appreciate everyone's feedback! Hopefully in the next few weeks i'll get a few more done and see how they go!
Harris View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2013 at 1:13pm
Mate that's a great action. I think with these lures they need to be worked not retrieved the would be dynamite on barra. Like the rapala husky jerk reel it in very lil action but twitch it and it becomes a whole new lure. Love it man keep up the good work
Harris View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2013 at 1:20pm
Oh get ur hands on some micro balloons or qcell any Fiberglas mob will have it mix it with the plastic it will make it buoyant. Also if you want to test them at home in a bucket. 35 g of salt to a liter of water is about the same as sea water
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic