LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > International Lures > European Fishing Lures > Norwegian Fishing Lures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Newbie from UK - Delphin Spoons

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bio-haul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Newbie from UK - Delphin Spoons
    Posted: 11 Jul 2020 at 12:12am
Got the collecting bug & I find myself here.

Collect mainly ABU, but also 'oddball' lures, mainly Japanese (need some identifying).

One or two of you here will 'know' me.

Dom
Fysshe Salmon View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Fysshe Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fysshe Salmon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2020 at 1:28am
Hi Dom, welcome to LL's...
Fysshe
horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2020 at 8:16pm
Welcome aboard. It will be good to have more insight into European lures.

If you put in a search for the Hardy's lures you will see some posts there, but we have limited exposure to English lures and as fishermen we are always looking for new info.
Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
p.j. View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2020 at 8:49pm
Welcome dom
From Denmark I have fished and seen a lot off ABU gear
I am not collecting them tho 
I collect Delfin/Delphin Spoons and items from Norway
Dont now if you allready now this, but here is a link to the Sweedish Tradera. Here you can get a lot off ABU gear 
P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
EVEN CUSTOM DOGS LIKE THEM
Chep Buxley View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chep Buxley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2020 at 9:21am
Welcome to the site mate
bio-haul View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bio-haul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2020 at 10:15pm
Thanks for the welcome, folks.

Nice to find you here Ian.

Horrorhead, don't know much about UK lures, only know of James Lansfear (Jim's Lures). Video of:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9A6jY4m2WDs (Fishing with his lures)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BUnMknAAf4 (Making his lures)

P.J. Thanks for the info. Already signed up to Tradera, but I found most sellers won't ship outside of Sweden, plus they wanted full unredacted photo of my passport!!
MadDogLures View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Mad Dog Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadDogLures Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2020 at 10:08am
Welcome mate.
Life is fishing!
MXB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MXB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2020 at 10:41am
Hello Dom and good to see you on here.

Greetings from OZ

MXB
David68 View Drop Down
Beginner Member
Beginner Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2023 at 12:19pm
Hi p.j im from canada and i have a lot of new delphin spoons can you tell me are old are they!?and how can i send you picture!?
David68 View Drop Down
Beginner Member
Beginner Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2023 at 12:20pm
Hi PJ i have a lot of delphin spoons can you help me about the manufacturing years
David68 View Drop Down
Beginner Member
Beginner Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2023 at 12:29pm
Spoons 
David68 View Drop Down
Beginner Member
Beginner Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2023 at 12:36pm
Aligator 
p.j. View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2023 at 9:03pm
David you are welcome to opload Pict. here 
Have also send you a private message

Knaek & Break
           Per
P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
David68 View Drop Down
Beginner Member
Beginner Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2023 at 2:05am
Thanks you!
p.j. View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2023 at 8:37pm
Originally posted by David68 David68 wrote:

Spoons s
You have a nice set off Troll-sluk there. If I can see a Pict. off the back side with the stamps I can date from them. The Delfin factory  used different stamps over the years. So the stamps can always tell about the age off delfin Spoons
The oldest dates back before 1900, as Arnulf Joerginus Hoff made the first called Hoff Spoon in 1882 But he started the Delfin/Delphin factory officially in 1904
Looking at the Picture the Spoon to the left with slash-dot pattern caught my eye. Now thy were sold in Canada as SMORGASBORD but in scandinavia thy are callad ÅSENSKJEA. The colors off that Spoon is normally blue and red
Can you put up a pictures off the Spoon aswell

Knaek & Break  
           Per
P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
p.j. View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2023 at 8:57pm

Aligator 
A nice set off Alligator in colors that I never have seen here in Scandinavia. I thinks these must be 10gr. Thy are made in 10 - 12 and 18gr. models
As I now off thy first came in 1934 as a casting Spoon. The ones you have I will date to the 1960´ties

Knaek & Break 
           Per
P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
hooknose View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hooknose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2023 at 10:46am
Welcome to the site Dom 👍
Cheers Steve R !!!
MAN I LOVE FISHING ! ! !
p.j. View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2023 at 4:47am
Hi again David
I got Tony to move this tread to this section 
If you scroll all the way to the top here, and click on Norwegian Lures you go to the tread where there are quit a lot with Delfin and other Norweigian Spoons you can look at Smile
Hope you can use some off the info here, and you are more than welcome to ask me 

Knaek & break 
            Per
P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
David68 View Drop Down
Beginner Member
Beginner Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2023 at 5:58am
Nice  thanks you!!! I try to put some picture of the back of the trollsluk and the one on the left but it dosen t work!?
p.j. View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2023 at 8:53pm

Nice  thanks you!!! I try to put some picture of the back of the trollsluk and the one on the left but it dosen t work!?
Dont now what is going wrong. But you have uploaded the two before, so maybe try again, and see if it works Ermm

Knaek & Break 
          Per
P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic