LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Australian Lures > NSW Lures > Wm. Southam
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nice lures + paperwork

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nice lures + paperwork
    Posted: 29 Mar 2011 at 4:02pm
couple nice Bellbrooks and two types of paperwork
regards George

bassnbob View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
B.O.B Timber Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bassnbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2011 at 4:50pm
NICE ONES THERE bluey the black albert has always been a fav among the older bass folk in the hunter valley cool lures mateClapClapClapClapBig smileBig smileregards BOB
bluey View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2011 at 5:05pm
yeah mate i remember walking into local tackle shop in Lismore, that was a Gun Tabacco Barber and fishing tackle shop all in one, all i had was a whacko rod and a handline at the time, moved to the coast and never used the Bellbrooks, now i got em and not game to use them

regards George
bassnbob View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
B.O.B Timber Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bassnbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2011 at 7:00pm
USE them noway BLUEY ya have too be crazy if ya throw them in a snag i reckonBig smileBig smileBig smileREGARDS BOB
murraycod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote murraycod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2011 at 12:44am
They look great George.

2 Cardboard boxes and the early pamphlet prior to the Swaybacks being introduced.

Cheers,Jim
Screamingreel View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2011 at 7:47am
Nice lures George

How many different styles lures did they put out, I noticed a cobra style lure on a card recently with their name printed on it.

Regards John
doccod View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
B.J.'s Spinnerbaits

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doccod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2011 at 12:07pm
WinkJust Awesome bluey my mate says to tell you he can trade if your interested and as for the tackle barber shop in lismore I knew it well!! I lived in coraki and used to go there and buy my lures.if memory serves me correct the tackle sales was handled by a bloke named Greg ??? and the Barber down the back cannot remember his name but a great place to go and shoot the bull!!!! regards B.J.Wink
doccod View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
B.J.'s Spinnerbaits

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doccod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2011 at 12:14pm
WinkJohn, my mate has in possession 8 models which are as follows,
1/ bibless 2 piece.
2/reinforced barra bellbrooks.
3/midgets.
4/sinkers.
5/deep divers.
6/floaters.
7/small swayback
8/lge swayback.
 The top six came out in 11 colours and the sway backs came in 9 colours.
 Also since he has only one bibless model in possession he wants to know was there others in other colours as he only has black/clear body!Clap
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2011 at 12:38pm
Thanks B J

I do not think I have came across any advertising for them, in my mags, trade  brochures,retail booklets. etc. Will have to look in the old Outdoors and Anglers Digest for some possible old ads.

Regards John

doccod View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
B.J.'s Spinnerbaits

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doccod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2011 at 12:43pm
WinkJohn since getting involved with this bellbrook scenario I've discovered information to be very hard,people very tight lipped,minimum literature surviving,lure boxes cardboard virtually impossible to get. I'd very much like to see this collection completed b4 the owner passes on. It could become a iconic collection to be shared by countless Australians as I do know the owner wishes to display the Whole collection publically in a museum or something similar when its completed!!!! So any help towards advertising or related items please P.M. with details!!!!!Wink Regards. B.J.
bluey View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2011 at 12:05am
lot's of iformation and lure models i did not know exsit

i think back of the little red ABU's on the shelves and a maze of lures
in Lismore tackle but never had the spare dosh mainly bait fished back then

i remember a few lads bass fishing with orange floppy's
and out fishing me and my bait

don't miss the ticks and leaches though

regards George
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2011 at 11:28am
B J
Just found the post missed it earlier will have a look for details in the next fortnight  or so when visitors  leave should find some ads or product reports in early Outdoors or Anglers digest

regards John
doccod View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
B.J.'s Spinnerbaits

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doccod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2011 at 12:54pm
WinkThanks john that would be kind of you and appreciated! George I still suffer ticks leeches as i'm down on the mid north coast these days but despite these little set backs I still enjoy the fishing! George ever position a rain moth on a hook and throw it on the waters surface????? LOLB.J.
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2011 at 1:10pm
BJ      is that a trick ?

Regards John
doccod View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
B.J.'s Spinnerbaits

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doccod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2011 at 1:51pm
WinkYeah john try it mate just put a very tiny split shot just in front of him on the leader and wait for the flutter to die down a bit and wait and see, Some blokes will even put a bit of cork on the line. B.J.LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic