Forum Home Forum Home > Australian Lures > QLD Lures > Nichos Maulers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nichos Maulers....BARRASNAX

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nichos Maulers....BARRASNAX
    Posted: 19 Sep 2012 at 3:24pm
Hi guys,
been a while since ive been able to hit the shed......A few requests are well overdue, and ive been chipping away bit by bit, trying to meet the deadlines...in between working 7 days a week.

One request was for a NQ member.......he originally seen a few pics of a couple of lures id made to try on cod, these would of been far too big for the fishing he intended on doing.... so ive made him up a few that are  almost half the size of his request......they are an upsized version of my  50mm bassnax....I traced one of my 50mm bassnax on paper then extended and widened where needed trying to keep my existing shape to eventually come up with the BARRASNAX......these are 100mm in length.
I swam lots of NQ lures in my test tank, and tried to make this lure swim with a similiar side to side action that is typical of the northern lures, which is the total opposite of my preferred  JIGGETY JIG actionConfused
But after a bit of trial and error and bad language, I got an action that i was happy enough to send to someone confidently knowing they would catch fish IF the lure is put in the right spot.
Just hope they are up to scratch for the new owner.
Thanks for looking
Jas

BARRASNAX

And a semi nude BASSFUKA
 THANKS FOR LOOKIN

Nichos Maulers Homemade timber lures....THEY CATCH FISH!

YA DONT KNOW...IF YA DONT GO...SO GET OUT THERE AND... FISH IT
Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2012 at 4:14pm
AND a fat little bass lure just for fun

Darby View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fishaholic Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2012 at 5:41pm
dey look awlroight for them Barra, them do me hearty Thumbs Up
"If you are going to have fun with your rod.. get some wood

simon bruce View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Guide
LureLovers.com Guide

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simon bruce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2012 at 5:58pm
nicho

great finish glass like.

lures look good too.

the fish aren't art critics
RAVA View Drop Down
Industry Member
Industry Member
AkLures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RAVA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2012 at 6:15pm
They all look great Jas I love em all ClapClapClapClap
Fish hate me!!!

Cheers Gary
p.j. View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2012 at 6:58pm
What a gloss. I really envy you that clear cote Jas. Hope the Fish wear Sunglasses Geek
Great lures mate. Would look really good as a Pike tooth pik Wink 
P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
EVEN CUSTOM DOGS LIKE THEM
puglee62 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fugly Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puglee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2012 at 8:16pm
i'm with P.J ,those lures are waaaaayyyy to pretty to fishClap
Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2012 at 8:48pm
thankyou for the comments guys.
Chris....there is not a lure in this world thats too pretty to fish, its what they are made for mate,
as you well know!, yours look great......but the best thing is they also work...thats why we make them. Thumbs Up......not just to look at...... but to use.

steiny View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steiny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2012 at 8:52pm
Nice lures Jas, especially the dark blue one.
cheers steiny
Tincan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tincan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2012 at 9:04pm
They look good and very artistic Jas. Clap

Tincan
You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.
saito View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2012 at 9:50pm
They look awesome Jas!!!!

Cheers

James

~Love my Bass fishing~
p.j. View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2012 at 10:02pm
Originally posted by Nicho Nicho wrote:

thankyou for the comments guys.
Chris....there is not a lure in this world thats too pretty to fish, its what they are made for mate,
as you well know!, yours look great......but the best thing is they also work...thats why we make them. Thumbs Up......not just to look at...... but to use.
Instead off talking so much Jas. Why dont you just send me some, so thy can be used, as you like LOLLOLLOL
P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
EVEN CUSTOM DOGS LIKE THEM
Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2012 at 10:17pm
might just do that mateWink

Mcleod View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder

Macquarie Customs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mcleod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2012 at 11:26pm
Jas, they look great. Your sanded paint finish is looking the goods.

Angus
frehley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frehley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2012 at 11:59pm
bloody hell jas they look like the goods!!!!
OCD View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
OCD Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OCD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2012 at 7:26am
Hey Jas,
If the new owner isn't happy with them, they must be hard to please.LOL The clear coat looks fantastic, nice name too.
Cheers,

Gavin
SNAFU View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
RIPP-N LURES

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNAFU Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2012 at 7:59am
Nicho there great mate...luv the paint effect you have on them mate..the semi nude Bassfuka is awsome....they will get battle scared for sure....

Mick!!!
Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2012 at 11:57am
thanks guys

The clearcoat is improving......a lot of time invoved though, but i like the end result.
the last coat of clear on the barrasnax blistered, so had to be left to dry, then sanded back and re done....that got some choice words flowing i can tell ya!

Mick.....I hope they get ripped to shreds, love seeing scars on lures.

thanks for the positive input guys.
Jas

River Rover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote River Rover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2012 at 1:22pm
Excellent work Jas but do I notice a lack of dots, hope only temporary Love your lures mate
David
CircleVbaits View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
CircleVbait Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CircleVbaits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2012 at 1:42pm
My,my,my, Jason you are really getting fancy with the lures. Great job on design, paint, and finish.
Verlon
Baitman
Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2012 at 2:31pm
dave....... the dots are a time thing mate!!!!!something ive had little of the past few months!!!!!! still doing the dots, just playing roundThumbs Up yours will be very spotty on arrivalWink

thanks verlon appreciated

frehley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frehley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2012 at 7:11pm
i have recieved the amazing barrasnax!!! they look amazing and im sure my father in law up weipa will love his especially!! my partner is typical and says to pretty to fish but im definately flicking the hell outta mine!!the fourth one is for a mate here in townsville and he spends more time fishing than working the lucky bastard!! im sure his will definately get a workout and scarred nicely (unfortunately friend has 1980's phone and will not have photos. well unless he gets a new phone rather than the nokia brick he carts around).much thanks to jas and hopefully some ripper photos to come!!
Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2012 at 8:02pm
glad they arrived in time phil,
i was worried you wouldnt recieve them before you left....I reckon crocodiles lure will do the job in his area.
Thanks mate...enjoy
Jas

Tony Mc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Mc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2016 at 5:05pm
Lovely looking lures, the barra snax. Are you still making them, Jason?
a good lure is a tool, not a toy - Vic McCristal
Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2016 at 6:30am
Hi tony apologies i did not see your previous post till just now.
I can still make the barrasnax ive got a few blanks in the shed, havent been in shed for a while but on a roll this week to get ready for expo, id be happy to do one or two if required, thanks for your interest and apologies once again for late reply.
Jas

Tony Mc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Mc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2016 at 8:01am
Thanks Nicho. Yes, I'd like to get a couple please. Can I pick them up at the Expo, I'll be there in the first hour on the Saturday, if that's ok?

Tony.

a good lure is a tool, not a toy - Vic McCristal
MadDogLures View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Mad Dog Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadDogLures Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2016 at 8:23am
Nicho they look fantastic and can't wait to see some at the lure expo!

Cheers
Mad Dog Dave
Life is fishing!
Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2016 at 10:33am
Hi tony, i will attempt to have them at the expo..any color preference in mind, please keep in mind i paint with a paintbrush so just say the colors i will go from there...cheers

and thanks dave, see you there mate.

hazmail View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Rayna Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hazmail Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2016 at 7:38pm
Very nice Jas, those spots keep creeping back in LOL, and they are getting ''rounder'' on the corners--
There's something good evolving here.
Pete
   'RAYNA' ---Free Range Lures
peterayn@yahoo.com.au
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic