LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Fishing Tackle > General Tackle Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

No Idea

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: No Idea
    Posted: 15 Aug 2017 at 8:54pm
Hi all I am aware that you guys are extremely knowledgeable and have a preference   to Australian made timber lures. Once again I test your patients with what might be considered stupid questions on a few lure I recently acquired in a bulk buy I made. I don`t know of any tackle shops down here that stock a great deal of the brands and lures that you people take for granted in NSW NT and QLD so my knowledge is limited to what I have seen on this site, on holidays or in a few books, Thus NO IDEA.
Among the lures purchased were some Killa Trout Bait? Killa Evolver 3BB and a Leads. I am not sure that my identification is correct on the trout bait
I looked up all the catalogs I had and could not find anything current on both of these Killa lures. They are molded not timber.
My question is are these still made or discontinued ?
The Leads I cant tell if it is timber or molded, did\do Leads make molded Lures?
There are marks on the belly of the Leads which I thought might be a joining seam, but they are on both sides and away from the center of the lure part of the way up the sides of the lure!
Hope some one can improve my knowledge
Pic attached (I Hope )
Thanks Kimo

bignanny View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
CAM Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bignanny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2017 at 10:35pm
Hi kimo the leads sooty bait is timber for sure. I only bought a couple from tackle world cairns a little while ago. Newer ones have a different bib to that one. Regards Chris
All my braids gone!
Kimo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2017 at 2:48am
Thanks Chris
I was not sure, Makes 2 timber Leads I now have
Cheers Kimo
hypnos View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hypnos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2017 at 6:23am
the 3 bb would be a 3" barra bait ( shallow ) - see charts attached
cheers
bazz
a wife & a steady job are a handicap to the serious fisherman !!
hypnos View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hypnos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2017 at 8:45am
these are my 3" barra baits - 2 are deep & 1 is shallow - see the bibs
cheers
bazz
a wife & a steady job are a handicap to the serious fisherman !!
Kimo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2017 at 11:05am
Thanks Bazz
Yours look to be the timber ones
I have a couple of the timber ones but it looks like these are molded and have the distinct seam along the belly and the word Evolver 3BB like you said 3" Barra Bait. Perhaps Evolver explains that it evolved from the timber version ???
Me being as dumb as, did not figure out 3BB to be 3" Barra Bait       
I could not read the print on the posters you put up. Do you know if these timber or molded are still made?
I could not find them in last years Gillies Catalogue, I believe they are the manufacturers or Distributors for the Killa Range of Lures ?
Thanks Kim
dmc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2017 at 1:38pm
Kimo,

The 3BB Evolver is moulded - according to .......https://www.lurehuboz.com/killalure.php

I picked up one of these myself a couple of weeks ago in Adelaide. Pretty sure no longer made.
I've put my new addition with all my old Killa timbers. It's still a nice little lure.

Re the Leads - I think this is a newer model. I've got dozens of Leads - and I think I only saw this shape for the first time earlier this year whilst up in Cairns.

cheers,

Dean
Kimo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2017 at 2:07pm
Thanks Dean
I had no idea that site existed. I have not had time to do a compete examination of it but looks to hold a lot of info. I will have a read there tonight ,again thanks
Kim
dmc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2017 at 5:24pm
Kim, did you grab these lures from Tea Tree Gully area over the last few days? Think I saw that lot offered and recognised the Leads. Wouldn't mind looking over them if they were the ones and you dont mind. Just got home from having a tooth pulled. Few hours rest I think while the happy juice wears off.

Dean
Kimo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2017 at 5:36pm
Hi Dean yer Tea Tree Gully and beyond.
Could not move the price even on the 60 and was going to drive of but I had come so far and was still going to get 4 o'clock traffic. It got the better of me and I had a place for most of them so home they came.
Kim   
dmc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2017 at 7:50pm
Thee looked to be some good lures in that pile. I saw this lot late....typed an enquirey abd sent it....then the listing vanished. Good score for you.

Dean
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic