LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Australian Lures > NSW Lures > Stuckey
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Non-catalogue colour patterns.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colsel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Non-catalogue colour patterns.
    Posted: 26 Sep 2019 at 6:55pm
Judging by the spirited competition and prices realised for a limited edition set of Yabby patterned 60mm Stuckey Minnows that were auctioned on Ebay last week it appears that I'm far from alone with an interest in these lures.

Apart from the standard 26 colours as shown in his catalogue it would seem that over the years Peter has also produced a significant number of special patterns. As is typical, for me at least, these little known and elusive specials have now piqued my interest and become the catalyst for yet another collecting challenge and adventure.

Below I will add photos that I have sourced from far and wide to illustrate examples of some of these special non-catalogue colour patterns. Should anyone else be in a position to be able to add to this list, or perhaps to shed some light on the two patterns(#8 and #13) that are missing from Peter's catalogue, then I would greatly appreciate you contributing to this post.

Best regards and looking forward to see what others come to light,
Col

bullrout22 View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bullrout22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2019 at 6:46am
I dont think the small one is in his colour chart it looks like one of yours but I think its smaller

i hope im right

Dave Lake Macquarie N.S.W

colsel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colsel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2019 at 10:17am
Thanks for sharing these Dave. I think that you're spot on with that bottom lure of your's being a non-catalogue colour and being a smaller version(50mm??) of the one that I listed with what appears to be a retrofitted extra deep bib. Having both the side and belly angles is a big help.
Cheers,
Col
bullrout22 View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bullrout22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2019 at 6:44pm
Originally posted by colsel colsel wrote:

Thanks for sharing these Dave. I think that you're spot on with that bottom lure of your's being a non-catalogue colour and being a smaller version(50mm??) of the one that I listed with what appears to be a retrofitted extra deep bib. Having both the side and belly angles is a big help.
Cheers,
Col

I hope it helps with colours all Lure makers do different colours be great if they could record them

Not enough extra pictures of lures these days I forgot to add a top picture of the Lures
it also helps identifying lures with all angles covered
Dave Lake Macquarie N.S.W

colsel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colsel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2019 at 8:09am
A couple of additional varieties to add to the list. These medium sized(6cm) lures recently surfaced on Ebay which is where I sourced the photos from.

The first is a standard catalogue #10 colour pattern, however on this occasion it has been overlayed with a network of black "trout-like" spots.

The second lure has been painted with a variation of the #9 catalogue pattern in which it has a very defined darker spine.

Regards,
Col
colsel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colsel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2020 at 3:47am
A further variety to add to the growing list. This one has a very distinct Yellow Tiger pattern on the top and sides with an Orange belly. It was sold on Ebay last night which once again is where I sourced the photos.
Regards,
Col

MadDogLures View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Mad Dog Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadDogLures Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2020 at 5:25pm
They look alright Thumbs Up
Life is fishing!
colsel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colsel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2021 at 4:43am
And yet another two colour patterns to add to the record. This time they are the 5cm body versions.

colsel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colsel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2022 at 4:32pm

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic