LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Australian Lures > QLD Lures > Norm Edwards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Norm Edwards value

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raffey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Norm Edwards value
    Posted: 27 May 2017 at 9:12pm
Evening LL folk.

Chasing a value on this Edwards please. His signature is just awesome. Any input regarding time of make and model would be appreciated. A friend of mine owns it and I'm pretty sure he will find some more once he starts searching.

Cheers,

Danny.
Echo Lures
Danny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Danny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2017 at 9:00am
Don't know of it's value Danny but really nice lure.
Dan
horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2017 at 3:57pm
Pretty sure I saw some go on a facebook site that these were going for a couple of hundred - surprised me.
Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
Tony View Drop Down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2017 at 4:32pm
Agree it's a nice lure, I love Norm Edwards lures! 

I haven't bought or sold any Norm Edwards lures for several years. If the comments on facebook are anything to go by they've gone up in value with that lure in used condition worth circa $300.

I'm not overly surprised as they are awesome, and the last one I bought was likely well over 5 years ago. Based on that I might be tempted to sell a few mint condition ones for the right price!

I think mint condition is normally circa 2 times good used condition price as a rule of thumb.

Cheers, Tony

For the love of Fishing Lures.
Lyonel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyonel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2017 at 6:21pm
Same lure had offers of $300 on Facebook.
Raffey View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raffey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2017 at 6:58pm
Hey Dan, yeah it's really nice. A friend offered it to me but I don't collect them, and expecting it was worth decent money I just couldn't take it. Thanks for your evaluations Martin and Tony. I waited nearly a day without an evaluation so we put it on one of the Facebook sites to get opinions too.

Cheers,

Danny.
Echo Lures
rally44 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Lee's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rally44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2017 at 7:41pm
Danny, Your comment re signature on lure, I believe this "penmanship" was done by Mrs Edwards!! Cheers Richard.
Dads in the shed making saw-dust again.
Raffey View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raffey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2017 at 8:50pm
Hey Richard. Thanks for the info, it's gorgeous handwriting. I can see why he was happy for her to write on his lures.

Cheers,

Danny.
Echo Lures
Danny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Danny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2017 at 11:14pm
It seems like I've heard of a few makers who have had there better halves sign lures for them. Awesome.
Dan
Lyonel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyonel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2017 at 5:13pm
I could be wrong but i don't think you'll get around $600 for a mint one Tony. I was offered $350 for this mint one in an unusual colour.
Tony View Drop Down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2017 at 6:33pm
Phew that's good news then Lionel, at that price I think I'll hang on to them Big smile

That's a great looking lure.
Cheers, Tony

For the love of Fishing Lures.
Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2017 at 6:50pm
Thats a nice old lure lyonel.
Nichos Maulers Homemade timber lures....THEY CATCH FISH!

YA DONT KNOW...IF YA DONT GO...SO GET OUT THERE AND... FISH IT
Raffey View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raffey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2017 at 7:00pm
Interesting bib slot on yours Lyonel. I've seen a few makers that don't have the back of the metal bib flush or slightly larger than the width of the back of the slot. I wonder why they do it like that.

Cheers,

Danny.

Echo Lures
Digga View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Digga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2018 at 4:37pm
Hi Guys,

Thought I would show this collection of N.Edwards lures i have had since I ways a young boy. I had no idea of there value. Your thoughts would be welcomed.

hooknose View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hooknose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2018 at 8:38pm
Couple of Radloffs in there , top right and 3rd from right on the bottom.
Nice lures Digga 👍
Cheers Steve R!!!
MAN I LOVE FISHING ! ! !
Fysshe Salmon View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Fysshe Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fysshe Salmon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2018 at 9:05pm
Some nice ones there Digga!! A few there in top condition would fetch a dollar or two...
Fysshe
Digga View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Digga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2018 at 9:19pm
Hi Steve,

Thanks mate, as you can see the ones on the right got hammered a million times when i was a boy. Mainly trolling around shallow reefs south of Innsfail.
Digga View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Digga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2018 at 9:25pm
Hi Fysshe,

Thanks mate, yes the 4 on the left are in mint condition. Crazy to see the values thrown around, I remember my old man who born and raised in Cairns knew ( Chirpy ) personally and had some great stories of the early fishing clubs in Cairns. He would have buckets of these lures over the years.
Lyonel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyonel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2018 at 2:35pm
Fix your photos
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic