LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Australian Lures > QLD Lures > George Dempster
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nude 5"

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caseyt36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nude 5"
    Posted: 24 Nov 2014 at 9:20pm
Picked this one up today! Anyone else have one similar? Cheers

[IMG]http://[/IMG]
If your not first ur last!
Davent View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2014 at 9:23pm
1st one ive seen a good pic of, nice
Atheism is a non prophet organisation
steiny View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steiny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2014 at 9:42pm
I don't think George used aluminium for his bibs, which is why they went rusty in the salt water. I would be doubtful this is a Dempster. Without the traditional paintwork it is very hard to confirm it as a genuine dempster. It is more than likely a copy. Just my opinion.
cheers steiny
OCD View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
OCD Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OCD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2014 at 5:55am
Darren,
George did use aluminium for bibs, have a close look at some of yours i'm sure you will have some. I have a few with ally bibs, 2", 3", 4" and scorpions. Having restored a couple of Dempster originals, even some of his early ones had ally bibs. The Bibs were made out of what was readily available from George's local tip at the time.LOL Need a closer inspection to make sure it is original though.
Cheers,

Gavin
steiny View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steiny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2014 at 6:30am
Actually, you are right Gavin. A couple of mine do have aluminium bibs, but very few. Some are SS, but the majority of the minnows are thin sheet metal.
cheers steiny
peter am View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter am Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2014 at 7:08am
ist one iv,e seen like it. Nice pick up.
peter
Caseyt36 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caseyt36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2014 at 9:41am
I'm certain it's one of his! all the features of a dempster and the guy I got them of was good mates with George, he was in the same fishing club also. He brought them from him many years ago. I'll get someone with more experience to check it out.
Caseyt36 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caseyt36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2014 at 8:20pm
A few more shots!

Aussbasstony View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussbasstony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2014 at 8:54pm
Casey, did you get that nude with the large haul of Dempsters you posted on Facebook ?

If so post the entire group with this nude and may help to show they all came in the same parcel and this may help with providence also .

Nice lure mate .
Caseyt36 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caseyt36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2014 at 9:02pm
Yes I did! Ok no worries here they are!

lures63 View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lures63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2015 at 7:56pm
Here is a Dempster nude I picked up a few weeks ago
Caseyt36 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caseyt36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2015 at 8:56am
That ones a bit more attractive, Nice lure!
steiny View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steiny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2015 at 9:01am
That semi nude dempster is very nice!
cheers steiny
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic