Forum Home Forum Home > Australian Lures > NSW Lures > Nutterjuck Lures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nutterjuck Lures

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
LureLovers.com Guide
LureLovers.com Guide
Asian Lures Guide

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ropes.basstard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nutterjuck Lures
    Posted: 07 Mar 2010 at 5:06pm

I bought these lures some years ago at one of the Canberra Fisherman's Club fishing conventions at Burrinjuck Dam. The lures were made by one of their members, who it was I cannot tell you.

Hi I'm Ropes and I'm addicted to fishing lures.
pop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2010 at 8:10pm
Very classy lookin lure there ropes.....Nice..Nev
CaptainCranky View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Guide
LureLovers.com Guide
Beta Tester

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainCranky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2010 at 7:50am
Nice lures Paul.Sooty Grunter would love them.
The Journey is the Reward

ropes.basstard View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Guide
LureLovers.com Guide
Asian Lures Guide

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ropes.basstard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2010 at 11:37pm
Oooops!

Here is a not so healthy Nutterjuck lure. Just got back from Jindabyne last night and this is what happened to a Nutterjuck Lure after a 1.2kg Atlantic Salmon hit it three times before hooking up on both hooks. My buddy got the surprise of his life when he looked in the net, the rear treble had pulled out of the lure and was still in the fish's jaw. Lucky the front treble held! Makes me wonder how secure twisted wire hangers are in balsa lures.

Abuadmiral View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
ABU Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abuadmiral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2010 at 7:19am
Hi Ropes
Great story and evidence tendered!
What a meal he made of it.
1.2 kg fish (or typo ie 12kg?)  with relatively soft mouth, compared say to a Jack.
cheers
wayne
Tight Lines
Wayne Real
tooch View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Twitchy Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tooch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2010 at 10:05am
Hi Paul, I've had that happen to one of my surface poppers after a heavy night session on the bass. I stopped hooking up and wondered why I couldn't see in the dark so iI switched my caplight on and the rear treble was goooone!!!!LOLLOLLOLLOL Regards Pete.
I'd rather be fishing with

Craig View Drop Down

Beta Tester

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2010 at 10:54am
But if that twisted hanger had of held you wouldn't be able to bring it out for your mates to look at when they come over.
I have a Rapala with a similar problem, only it was a 15 kg Jack that smashed me around the posts under harbour town. lol
Tagged and released
LureLovers.com Guide
LureLovers.com Guide
Asian Lures Guide

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ropes.basstard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2010 at 12:53pm
Hmmmm................ a 15kg Jack is somewhat more beefy than a 1.2kg salmon, it certainly sounds a lot better story than mine.

Ropes
nutter View Drop Down
Industry Member
Industry Member

Nutterjuck Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nutter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2010 at 12:55pm

WOW the things you find on the web. This is my first post too guys

These were the best lures going, back in the early 2000's EmbarrassedEmbarrassedEmbarrassedEmbarrassed 

They were made by a guy from Wollongong, now in Helensburgh who's name was/is Scott Anderson (ME)LOL

Those were some of the very early lures I made and yes they did fall apart. But for $5 they were cheap. I stopped making/selling lures around 2004 when the soft plastic crazy took over. But still tinkered with a bit of wood over the last few years.

Heres some pic's from the old days and yes embarrassed 

Nutterjuck Lures is starting up again soon with all designs and build quality. I have learnt a lot over the last couple of years and am just doing some final testing of the new designs. Stay tune for an update in the weeks to come.

Nutter

P.S Im in NSW not ACT and in Wollongong sportfishing club.

Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2010 at 1:30pm
Nice lures nutter! good luck with the new venture, look forward to seeing your new ones unfold.
cheers Nicho
Nichos Maulers Homemade timber lures....THEY CATCH FISH!

YA DONT KNOW...IF YA DONT GO...SO GET OUT THERE AND... FISH IT
LureLovers.com Guide
LureLovers.com Guide
Asian Lures Guide

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ropes.basstard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2010 at 1:34pm
Hi Scott don't be embarrassed! The B&M lures used to split down the middle with a good fish.
Balsa is very soft.

Welcome aboard!

nutter View Drop Down
Industry Member
Industry Member

Nutterjuck Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nutter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2010 at 2:24pm
Thanks guys,

They were all made out of recycled cedar that I got from a builder friend.

Ill try and dig up a few pic's of some fish caught on them (all Bass as I love my Bass fishing)

Scott
tooch View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Twitchy Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tooch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2010 at 2:27pm
Hi scott, welcome to lurelovers there are a lot of bass chasers here mate
so you'll fit in....SmileSmileSmile...Pete.
I'd rather be fishing with

nutter View Drop Down
Industry Member
Industry Member

Nutterjuck Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nutter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2010 at 2:37pm
Thanks Pete,

Heres a few Bass from a few years back.

And now for one caught the other night testing out a proto type 

Scott
Tony View Drop Down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2010 at 2:38pm
G'day Scott, Welcome to Lurelovers Smile

And thank you for helping to solve the riddle of your lures! Thumbs Up

Cheers, Tony

For the love of Fishing Lures.
reel deal View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reel deal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2010 at 3:23pm

Hi Scott,

Welcome back to life.!!! I scored a few of your old nutters from Big E - just last week.

Let me know when you want a review in the Friday column...

wadey
www.reeldealfishing.com.au
nutter View Drop Down
Industry Member
Industry Member

Nutterjuck Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nutter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2010 at 3:41pm
Thanks Mate will do. 

Just working on a new web site and when its up and running than its open to all.

Scott
CaptainCranky View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Guide
LureLovers.com Guide
Beta Tester

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainCranky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2010 at 3:46pm
Hi Scott,great lures and some superb Bass.Noticing your ring finger How did you get a leave pass to do that night fishing.
The Journey is the Reward

nutter View Drop Down
Industry Member
Industry Member

Nutterjuck Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nutter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2010 at 4:01pm
LOLLOLLOLLOL

With three little ones the only time to fish is late at night after they are all asleep. Most of the time Im not on the water until 9pm than off around 12pm.

Its been a long time since I have fished in the day time, well by myself that is our two boys always want to come fishing and our little girl will be at it too soon.

Scott
Pilly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2010 at 5:40pm
Nice looking Bass there nutter.ClapClap
Make sure you let us know when you are ready to sell a few lures, I would love to toss a few at some Saratoga.

Cheers
Adrian
Toga Fever
hazmail View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Rayna Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hazmail Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2010 at 7:52pm
Hi Scott- I grew up in Wollongong and went to H/School with a few guys (and goils from Helensburg)--- I'm thinking I might have climbed over a few of those old cedar window sills, before you turned them into those great little lures.
Pete-R
nutter View Drop Down
Industry Member
Industry Member

Nutterjuck Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nutter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2010 at 6:30am
Originally posted by hazmail hazmail wrote:

I'm thinking I might have climbed over a few of those old cedar window sills, before you turned them into those great little lures.
Pete-R

LOLLOLLOLLOL

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic