Forum Home Forum Home > Australian Lures > QLD Lures > Dave Pearce
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

old lures

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Dave Pearce Lures and OLM Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pearcey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: old lures
    Posted: 30 Mar 2013 at 6:25pm
heres a few urathane lures i made in the nineties along with a little lure made of wood in the bottom pic , the little one the bottom was made in the late eightys given to me buy steve oogs lures thanks mate, the third lure was sent to me by tony captain seaweed the top 2 were sent to me by dean buttler thank you , pearcey
Fysshe Salmon View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Fysshe Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fysshe Salmon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2013 at 6:41pm
Coming home to roost hey Dave!! We used to buy the small lures from Dowses sports store for Bass out at Colleges! Melsha I think they were called.
Fysshe
oog663 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Oogs Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oog663 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2013 at 6:42pm
Dave it's good to see a couple of your Lures heading back to you. Times have changed over the years and the last thing on a Lure makers mind was keeping one of his work pieces.

I know Ian Salmon was in the same boat - had made thousands over the years and had keep none. I'm glad a few of Ian's are heading home as well.

Since I restarted making a few over the last couple of years, I've kept 2 or 3 hundred of them, sell the odd few, and give away the rest Smile 

Regards Steve
Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2013 at 8:44pm
good to see them back home...nice gesture by all, but must say I had my eye on that little one at the bottom, since steve posted a pic a couple of years ago.....BUGGA!!!!LOL
jAS
Nichos Maulers Homemade timber lures....THEY CATCH FISH!

YA DONT KNOW...IF YA DONT GO...SO GET OUT THERE AND... FISH IT
Pearcey View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pearcey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2013 at 6:08am
yes ian they were called melsha lures named after my children melanie and shane , a very good friend of mine has one in its original packaging and price sticker Hug hello mate, good to see you are getting some of your old ones back as well ian, steve i hope you are getting trades, thanks again mate, nicho thinking of making some melsha lures again , hows your son jack going with his lures, pearcey
Seaweed View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
née Capt.Seaweed

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seaweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2013 at 8:49am
Dave, that 3" yellow one caught so many Darwin harbour barra, I lost count LOL.
Still got a white one the same, just as 'beat-up', if you want him Dave, you'll have to make me a new timber one to replace him.
Seaweed.
"Always Merry and Bright"
Pearcey View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pearcey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2013 at 9:17am
deal tony , but i still have lures to do for other members , keep it there and i will send a replacement shortly, pearcey
mark2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mark2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2013 at 9:27am
Hi Dave, your lures look great, I love the paint work especially the top two, great shapes, but after reading capt seaweed's post maybe number 3 should be on my list.
Mark
Pearcey View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pearcey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2013 at 9:43am
hello mark a good friend brought the same lure but a different colour over the other day for me to sign , im glad captain seaweed sent one to me as i didnt have one now i can copy itThumbs Up pearcey
Fysshe Salmon View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Fysshe Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fysshe Salmon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2013 at 10:42am
I was in the same boat Dave until a mate brought back an oldy for me! I have been busy making templates from that one and a few old photos!
Fysshe
Pearcey View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pearcey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2013 at 1:18pm
good one ian, looking forward to seeing some finished mateThumbs Up pearcey
Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2013 at 3:09pm
well percey, let me know if you get the chance, id love one of those tiny lures......ive allways liked it since steve posted it ages ago..........
jacks having a teenage break past few weeks, in out of shed, everything half done nothing finished....
takes after his old manLOL
Jas
Nichos Maulers Homemade timber lures....THEY CATCH FISH!

YA DONT KNOW...IF YA DONT GO...SO GET OUT THERE AND... FISH IT
Pearcey View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pearcey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2013 at 7:53pm
heres a few more of my old early nineties lures made of compacted urathane , once again sent to me by members on this site , thank you , mack lure , and boggle eyes, pearcey
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic