Forum Home Forum Home > Australian Lures > NSW Lures > Powell Lures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Old sales records - Powell

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Powell Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Powelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Old sales records - Powell
    Posted: 15 Jul 2015 at 7:29am
A few weeks ago, I stumbled across a heap of old sales records.  While the records aren't complete, they give and indication of the approximate time that I first started selling lures and an idea of when the different names/lures came into being.  One thing that did surprise me was how many Kaditchas I use to make.  Peter was happy for me to make and sell them, but I didn't think that I made a real lot of them.

I'll just add a few of those records, as there are far too many to post.

I started selling lures when a mate bought the top pub at Deepwater.  The locals wanted lures and Ken asked if I would hang some in the pub, to sell.  The earliest record appears to be 4-10-1991.

Harry Watson sold a lot of my lures, when he lived at Beaudesert.

Sold a few through shops.

Most of my lures were sold by my father in law, in Armidale. Always had a box full of lures behind the seat in the ute.  Will post some of those another day!

Cheers

Travers

Davent View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2015 at 7:32am
good stuff, interesting.
Atheism is a non prophet organisation
Aussbasstony View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussbasstony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2015 at 8:01am
Travers,
Was talking to Harry on phone last night he will be at Expo with a stall I reckon you should hit him up for those unpaid invoices . I'm pretty certain I have some off that price sheet in my cabinet and Harry in his also still .
Cheers
Powelly View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Powell Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Powelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2015 at 8:23am
Originally posted by Aussbasstony Aussbasstony wrote:

Travers,
Was talking to Harry on phone last night he will be at Expo with a stall I reckon you should hit him up for those unpaid invoices . I'm pretty certain I have some off that price sheet in my cabinet and Harry in his also still .
Cheers

I'll look forward to catching up with Harry. Do you like the sales incentives? On 23/12/92, his sales commission was a Scorpion, on top of his 10% discount.  Any wonder he's a rich bugger, now!

Harry made me name some of my lures, to make it easier to take orders. The Reidy's Banana minnow became the Moogerah Minnow, the long minnow was probably an early Mack Attack and the Minnow was probably the Macleay Minnow.  the Macleay Minnow came about because Harry asked me to make alure for him to catch small mackerel, off the old Coast.

Cheers

Travers
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic