LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Australian Lures > NSW Lures > RMG
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Old style Baker Kra-Bobs.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote colsel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Old style Baker Kra-Bobs.
    Posted: 30 Nov 2014 at 11:19am
Back in mid 2011 Rob Gaden agreed to carve me some lures in the style of Keith Baker's early Kra-Bobs. To give Rob a better idea of what I had in mind I supplied him with copies of photos that I located showing some samples of Keith's earliest lures. These he used to colour match the paint schemes and to identify various features used by Keith.

Then as a trial Rob sprayed some plastic blanks to check how the paint schemes worked.

Rob then carved a batch of 5 lures - 4 of these where done in a similar style with just the paint schemes varying. The final lure was a one-off with both the body and bib being carved from a single piece of timber, as well as having a "beaded" body. I was fortunate in securing three of these five lures for my collection.

A short time later, as a follow-up, Rob issued a limited edition series of 13 similar lures titled the "Baker's Dozen". These were done as a tribute to Keith Baker, the original designer.

Regards,
Col
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic