LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Lure Discussion > Lure Collecting > Displaying your Lure collection
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Old Tenterfield darts

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Port Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Old Tenterfield darts
    Posted: 25 Apr 2017 at 4:05pm
Have 2 old Tenterfield darts in my collection.      Not sure the value of these.
Did have a few but down to 2 now as the rest are in Keepit dam somewhere snagged.
They were a awesome lure.
Ducks View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ducks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2017 at 4:59pm
They're definitely worth more than when you bought them
Chep Buxley View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chep Buxley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2017 at 5:13pm
I'm guessing they must have caught a lot of fish over the years to be so popular. Can you tell roughly how deep they dive to? Do they have a "wide" swaying action or a tight wobble?
Port View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Port Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2017 at 5:33pm
Thanks
I am not sure what they are worth but would be interesting to find out.
Would love to use them again but not game enough in case i loose them.
Thanks for your reply.
Ducks View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ducks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2017 at 7:23pm
I have one that I've been told not to sell for $400.
However I'm not a collector so I have no idea if there is a scale of rarity for colours or if it depends on age (apparently age is determined by how is signed) so that might give you some indication at least.
Port View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Port Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2017 at 8:28pm
Hi Chep,
I used to run them anywhere from 1mtr down to 4mtrs.
Rivers were good and used to troll the shores of dams with them.
Have scored cod & goldens with them.
Did have a nice swim action and similar to the oargee but i thought what i could see before going to deep they had a bit more sway then the oargee.
I did switch to the oargee and hydrobug lures and have had huge success with both.
The hydrobug lure is one of my favourites for bass.
Thanks for your interest.
Chep Buxley View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chep Buxley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2017 at 8:38pm
Hi Port, I appreciate you taking the time to let me know. Thanks Thumbs Up
Port View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Port Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2017 at 10:36pm
Hi Ducks,
Thanks for your info much appreciated.
Aussbasstony View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Aussbasstony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2017 at 11:33am
Originally posted by Ducks Ducks wrote:

I have one that I've been told not to sell for $400.
However I'm not a collector so I have no idea if there is a scale of rarity for colours or if it depends on age (apparently age is determined by how is signed) so that might give you some indication at least.

Ducks $400 for a standard Dart as above in top pictures is a very high price and have not seen one sell for that price.

If it is a Super Dart or Mini dart which are a rare model these prices are reachable .
Cheers
Ducks View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ducks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2017 at 4:56pm
Cheers Tony
As I say I'm not a collector and I don't know where these numbers get plucked from. But I have had legit offers of $300 and $400 from 2 different people, but chose to not sell it.
For the record mine is red and white, and I'm not sure of anything about it that is particularly special.
Either way I suspect fishing any of these in good condition would not be good for the investment. And when I think about the temptation to take it fishing - my stomach rolls a bit. haha.
Ducks View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ducks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2017 at 5:01pm
ps. It's no secret. This is the Dart I have.
http://www.lurelovers.com/forum/dart-up-for-grabs_topic18581.html
Lyonel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyonel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2017 at 5:49pm
I completly agree Tony most Darts in very good condition are some where between $120 - $275 but there are some that fall outside that. I have one that i have been offered $500 if it were for sale but its not for sale.

Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2017 at 5:57pm
Nice lyonel....and ducks that one you got was nice too.
i suppose that the darts we see selling for 80 to 220 are either well used, or better than average condition with minimum use....once you step into unused rarer colors...the price is only what someone is willing to pay as unused cant be replicated...theres plenty of used or lightly used that pop up for sale...but unused?
They get sold or traded behind the scenes as a rule, so no one could really say what they are worth.
Nichos Maulers Homemade timber lures....THEY CATCH FISH!

YA DONT KNOW...IF YA DONT GO...SO GET OUT THERE AND... FISH IT
Lyonel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyonel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2017 at 10:08am
Several very special things about that one Nicho.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic