LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Lure Making > The Luremakers Shed
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Other wire jigs/cold bennd bibs

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Scurvy Dog Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Balls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Other wire jigs/cold bennd bibs
    Posted: 18 Jan 2012 at 3:42pm
G'day all

These are some of the other vice grip jigs I have made up for different applications & there are other applications you could use them for.

Photos 405,406,407 I use to twist up my single strand Mackerel leaders & also cold bend polycarbonate bibs, I have silconed a plastic sleeve on both the top & bottom jaw of the vice grip to avoid scarred the bibs & or marking the single strand wire, twisting the wires is as with the other post I submitted, same tools etc.

Photos 408,409,410, Single strand Mackerel wires, make a heap of different breaking strains ready for use.

Photos 411, Twisting single strand wires for quick rigging baits for Billfish.

Photo 412, Thick polycarbonate attached to top jaw to provide a parrallel jaw when twisting, line indicates position of wire to twist up for offset the quick rig, next photos should help explanation.

Photo 413, Twist wire eyelet to suit style of hook used.

Photo 414, Twisted to suit quick rigs for sipping Garfish.

Photo 415, Finished quick rig.

Photo 416, The quick rig is twisted to suit the style of hook being used, the way wire twists up it allows you to insert the hook back to front as the barb fits in the rear of the twist, once inserted rotate & it cant fall out.

Photo 417, In this instance its a 4/0 SL 12 for Sails, but you pre twist up enough for each style of hook you may use & or size of bait, the wire is just bent around the pins I have inserted on the base plate.

Basically the rear section slides into the gill case of the gar, the upright piece of wire is inserted threw the underside of the head & threw the mouth, cable tie of similar & they are ready to go, pre rig a heap of gars, the skirt can be slid over later & attach to hook when needed, the jig can be used for rigging a lot of different styles of skipping & swim baits.

It could be also be used to rig weighted wire for threw wire lures with a bit of double handling.

Photo 418, Ideal paint stirrer for air brush bottles, little hand held fan my missus had that runs on batteries, I just removed the fan blade & attached the alloy rod to the shaft, fan went missing with her womens day, should be more careful around lure makers, cheers Balls.
Scurvy Dog
Jeff View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2012 at 3:52pm
Cool , ya gave me an idea  Smile You sure do like to get "jiggy" with it  , dont ya  Wink
I like pretty painted sticks
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic