LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > International Lures > European Fishing Lures > Danish Fishing Lures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

P J Lures for Lake Pedder Home Bake.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: P J Lures for Lake Pedder Home Bake.
    Posted: 30 Sep 2014 at 2:13pm
Per  and I have organised a little bit of Horse Trading.

He  has once again sent me some of his metals and wooden trout lures to use at Lake Pedder at the next Home Bake due at the beginning of November 2014

I was lucky enough to catch my one and only trout on my previous trip on one of p j's  wooden lures and caught some great Black Back Salmon on his metals on my last trip to Flinders Island

Note the detailed paint job on the  interesting red blotches as seen so regularly on the trout now a days.

We are experiencing very strong winds today (70 klms)  and photos of the lures had to be taken inside through the window ,a little glint on the metals was  hard to control under those conditions.

Hopefully we have reports of some interesting captures to come.
Regards John

Strangalures View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strangalures Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2014 at 8:15pm
They look great John
Well done PJ you make some great lures mate ,
Per made me some Kombi lures so my daughter can fish for salmon at the heads and the craftsmanship is outstanding.
You will be dangerous at the homebake this year John
Fish Choking Lures :)
MXB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MXB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2014 at 9:38pm
The very first run of Per's lures were used in Pedder and have caught a small fish but we never took a photo from memory expecting to get more. Those lures have been put away but maybe TD will pull one out on the day. Good to see lures from Scandinavia being used in remote SW Tasmania. Love it and I'm sure they will account for their fair share of fish. Nice spotted dog patterns and spoons will work well too.

MXB
Screamingreel View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2014 at 5:38pm
Received an invitation from Hazmail Pete last night, he intended checking out his rig at Lake Jindabyne before organising his gear for his pending trip to the Lake Pedder Home Bake early Nov

Rig passed with flying colours spent around 5 hours using the electric motor caught one Brook trout ( my first)  3lbs  on one of P J lures spotted dog lures also  gave the wobblers  a run and Puglee's lures a test run but no other takers.

Regards John

p.j. View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2014 at 6:48pm
Thanks john (thats my first brook to Wink) Nice looking fish mate Thumbs Up
P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
EVEN CUSTOM DOGS LIKE THEM
bassnbob View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
B.O.B Timber Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bassnbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2015 at 3:12pm
very nice trout lure pj cool mateClapClapClapClapBig smileBig smileBig smileregards bob
steiny View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steiny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2015 at 3:34pm
Nice lures PJ!
cheers steiny
Powelly View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Powell Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Powelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2015 at 6:40pm
The competition's hotting up, now. Early lure testing and promising results Big smile

Nice lures, Per. Thumbs Up

Cheers

Travers
MadDogLures View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Mad Dog Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadDogLures Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2017 at 5:58pm
Very nice lures by Per, I have seen these timber lures in action when I was down fishing with John.

Great colours PerThumbs Up

Cheers,
Dave
Life is fishing!
p.j. View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2017 at 8:29am
Thanks a lot Dave Smile
It is so great every time John either send me a mail ore put a report up here with Fish caught on my Lures.
He just send me an mail, that he had waited since september, fore the water to drop. All that because he had lost one off my Kell woblers, and liked to get it back. He just found it the other day
That is one paitient man him John LOL

Knaek & Break 
             Per
P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2017 at 9:23am
Per I did not tell a sole in the area of my loss.
Strong winds caught the line around the tip of the rod , using 6lbs at the time ,snapped off. did a rough mark of the area.

Explained to Per recently and sent him the following photos.

Note dry stump on sky line, top of almost centre of picture, about 20-25 feet above where i have taken the photo now.

Fortunately we had a very strong blow that removed mud off the stones near the waters edge.

Note mud above and below the stones which had been cleared due to strong wave action due to rough weather
I had thoughts of bringing a rake to try and catch the 6 inches of line attached to the swivel 
as I thought it was dropping near to the depth that would help me find the lure

Just lucky nobody was fishing ahead of me on the day . The suns rays disclosed its whereabouts although partially buried. At least i knew what was causing the glint

Regards John

Ducks View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ducks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2017 at 9:44am
Hahahahahaha!  That is awesome!
I'd probably try to do the same if i lost one of the awesome spoons I have from PJ. But my luck would probably not be in.
horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2017 at 3:10pm
LOLClapClapLOLWell done JohnClapLOLLOLClap
Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
p.j. View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2017 at 4:24pm
I'd better make some extra Kell wobblers to you John
Can not have you go and get bad nerves when you lose one Wacko LOL
P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Mad Dog Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadDogLures Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2017 at 5:42pm
Originally posted by p.j. p.j. wrote:

Thanks a lot Dave Smile
It is so great every time John either send me a mail ore put a report up here with Fish caught on my Lures.
He just send me an mail, that he had waited since september, fore the water to drop. All that because he had lost one off my Kell woblers, and liked to get it back. He just found it the other day
That is one paitient man him John LOL

Knaek & Break 
             Per

Yes Per, John had it mark out on his GPS ( brain) and he told me all about it when I was fishing with him.Clap Very clever indeed my old mate JohnLOL Always carries a spare battery tooWink

Cheers,
Dave
Life is fishing!
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Mad Dog Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadDogLures Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2017 at 5:47pm
John that water has drop a lot since December last year and lucky you found Per's lure that lure is magicSmile

Cheers,
Dave
Life is fishing!
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2017 at 7:00am
Just dead lucky , without that very strong on shore blow (wind) it would have remained hidden ,till the mud was lifted.

I do not think the rake would have helped.
Regards John
horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2017 at 4:37pm
Yes lucky John. Luck cuts both waty good and bad, this time it was good for youThumbs Up
Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic