LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Lure Making > The Luremakers Shed
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Paint storage

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seagull Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Paint storage
    Posted: 20 Feb 2012 at 9:23pm
How do you store your paints?
How do you decant into smaller containers or your airbrush?

THe big colour cups are freebies from a few local panel shops.
OCD View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
OCD Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OCD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2012 at 5:46am
I too get some paint from a local auto repair shop. My preference for paint storage is small Glass jars with a food storage grade seal on a metal lid. If it leaks, use some plastic sheet under the lid to help seal it off. Don't be tempted to put marbles or ball bearings in to help stir up the paint like a spray can. I was given some like this but it only ends in disaster, I no longer have a uniform white workbench.  To decant paint into the airbrush I use a large syringe, cheap, has measurements on the side and avoids spills.
Cheers,

Gavin
seagull View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seagull Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2012 at 7:54am
The small bottles are cheap as.Come with a small ball bearing in them and a brush in the lid.These are touch up containers that a panel shop would supply you aftr painting you car or you can buy from The Paint Place.
Mcleod View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder

Macquarie Customs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mcleod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2012 at 11:45am
I got a decanter from my auto shop, just clips to the lid of any paint tin. Works a treat for decanting into the smaller containers. For airbrush, I have 100ml bottles with tappered locking tips. most paint shops should have them. Just tip into airbrush from there and away you go.

Angus
puglee62 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fugly Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puglee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2012 at 7:11pm
watch the cups Seagull they let a bit of air in over time and paint can dry out pretty quick in them. the little sample bottles you have are very good though.i keep my paints in old jars and sample bottles like
yours.as for decanting to the airbrush i like to slop it over my hands and bench straight from the jar some actually goes in the airbrush thoughLOL
rally44 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Lee's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rally44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2012 at 8:22pm
That sounds very familiar to me Chris, i`m still laughingLOLLOLLOL Richard.
Dads in the shed making saw-dust again.
fishaholic5 View Drop Down
Industry Member
Industry Member

Illusion Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fishaholic5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2012 at 10:33pm
LOLLOLLOL  can relate to that one too Chris LOLLOL
Various jars work well for me for mixed paint, if you look around there are some that have measurements to make it easier to get mixing ratio's right. I also find the curved straw squeeze bottles used in science labs are pretty useful.

Cheers
Wal
Illusion Lures
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic