LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Australian Lures > QLD Lures > Dave Pearce
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Pearcy Puzzle

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reel deal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pearcy Puzzle
    Posted: 20 Oct 2012 at 7:10am
Some time ago, I bought a handful of white, raw, 'garfish' blanks off Dave.

I sent out some of these unpainted blanks to a cross section of Lure Lovers members that create and paint and challenged them to paint them up for me in Parramatta colours (yes - self confessed blue n gold tragic). Cry

I am humbled at the responses and the quality of the workmanship - you know who you are - many thanks guys.ClapClapClap

Just wondering which of you out there can correctly identify the painters.  Shocked

A - being the original blank.

Presently making up a 3D shadow frame to hang them all up in my Nauti room...

wadey

www.reeldealfishing.com.au
SNAFU View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
RIPP-N LURES

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNAFU Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2012 at 7:24am
B=RAVA....D=PUGLEE...F=TRAVERS.....thats my guesses wadey got no idea on C n E...will look good in the 3d case mate.....well done to the boys that painted these

Mick!!!
Darby View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fishaholic Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2012 at 1:30pm

My Guess......Confused

"If you are going to have fun with your rod.. get some wood

rally44 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Lee's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rally44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2012 at 3:12pm
Hi all, mine looks like this . Thanks for the compliment Brad. Cheers Richard
Dads in the shed making saw-dust again.
reel deal View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reel deal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2012 at 3:38pm
Close SNAFU and Darby but no cigar.

Richard - friend, mate, buddy, pal - send that one down and I'll make room in the 3D box..Hug

Happy birthday too...21 again wasn't it....LOL

wadey

reel deal View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reel deal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2012 at 5:21pm
After 99 hits, I guess the brains trust have been drained
  • A - original Blank
  • B - AK Lures - RAVA aka Gary Akers
  • C - Bass n Bob - Bob Schofield
  • D - Stingray Lures - Ollie Hardt
  • E - Mencho Lures - Darcy Menchin
  • F - Powell Lures - Travers Powell
  • G,H, I ,J ..... - tbaLOL
wadey
Darby View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fishaholic Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2012 at 5:35pm
2 outta 5 aint bad..... that's about 40% accuracy, which is about what the average 51 year old brain can handle Confused LOL
"If you are going to have fun with your rod.. get some wood

Tony View Drop Down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2013 at 7:19pm
wow - How did I miss this thread? Shocked

Well done Wadey, brilliant idea! Clap you picked good guys for the job too, please let us know if you make any additions to the set Big smile

Cheers, Tony

For the love of Fishing Lures.
fletch View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Kuttafurra Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fletch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2013 at 10:44pm
awesome stuff  ... ive painted a few of these myself ....   
very fond of the one travers has done love it ...cheers aaron
Strangalures View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strangalures Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2013 at 12:30pm
Very nice idea for Pearcey's blanks its really cool to see the makers works on the same lure then put them together like this.
Please show us when they are finished and boxed up
Cheers Rick
Fish Choking Lures :)
Pearcey View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Dave Pearce Lures and OLM Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pearcey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2013 at 1:47pm
great paint from some very very talented lure lovers members,Clap  although i do have a favourite and it is D , OLLIE, OR WAIT A MINUTE IT COULD C OR B OR E OR F LOL theres a post on LL here with a meter plus barra caught on one of these by martin , horror head but gee i wish he would change his LL name as theres a lot of us that could use the sameLOL , pearcey
horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2013 at 2:34pm
HA HA Dave, that's my nick name from years ago - so first inLOL. That 1002 mm, just over the meter mark, was at Awoonga Dam. Why didn'y you continue on with that lure Dave? I've caught barra, jacks, queenies (little) GTs, tailor, flathead, toga, sooties, tarpon, a near 47 cm jungle perch and probably others that I have forgotten about on it. I reckon it with take all the mackeral species and many tuna speciers as well.
Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
Pearcey View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pearcey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2013 at 2:59pm
i am thinking of changing my LL name to pumpkin head martin just to keep up LOLLOL once again another good lure that fell by the wayside to those very pretty overseas lures on looks and price , not bitter though i dont give a rats----- now days about that sort of thing just hand carving a few woods that may be collectable in the future , going to give my 2 grand children a lot so they can maybe have some money when im gone , they already have some signed 1 offs, pearcey
horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2013 at 3:02pm
Well they were popular for those wanting to paint their own, including my failed bananas. So there may be a niche market there depending on the economics of cause.
Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
Mr Viper View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Viper Lures (Still Young)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Viper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2013 at 5:07pm
Don't go out anywhere after midnight Dave ShockedLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLWink you pumpkin head LOLLOLLOLLOLWink
Fishing ??? Lets do it !!!!!!!!!!
Pearcey View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pearcey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2013 at 6:10pm
hello shane you had better send me some hand carved wooden toffee apples soon or you will be off my xmas card list LOL but the air brush work on those blanks is top shelf , pearcey OOPS SORRY PUMPKIN HEAD, at least we can have a laugh and we havnt got our heads to far up the other end , pearcey
reel deal View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reel deal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2013 at 6:43pm
Yep .. I think I can see some resemblance LOL

wadey

Pearcey View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pearcey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2013 at 8:05pm
thanks for posting gary , looking at that pic i am suddenly tired , pearcey 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic