Forum Home Forum Home > General Lure Discussion > Fishing with Lures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

PNG

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
LureLovers.com Guide
LureLovers.com Guide
Beta Tester

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote CaptainCranky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: PNG
    Posted: 21 Apr 2013 at 8:05am
A couple of lures that worked well in PNG.Also Bob's,lures worked very well.Anything that was 3 to 5.mtrs went well on the trip.Most of the shallower running lures did not suit the conditions presented to us during our trip.More pics will come soon.

The Journey is the Reward

Screamingreel View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2013 at 9:45am
A few battle injuries evident ,but they all seem to manage the brutal treatment from the fish.
Lionel View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
White Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lionel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2013 at 10:25am
Hi Barry I see you had a great trip to PNG did you get a chance to try my lure.
ringo View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2013 at 1:59pm
Well done.  I can't wait to see more photos.  It' d be the trip of a lifetime.
simon bruce View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Guide
LureLovers.com Guide

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote simon bruce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2013 at 3:06pm

the fish aren't art critics
Brolly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brolly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2013 at 8:08pm
Here's a few that worked well for me on the trip.No doubt there were several others but they are listed as "missing in action". Mike(Brolly)
FISHING JUSTS GETS IN THE WAY OF MY LURE COLLECTING
stinger View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2013 at 10:46pm
brolly whats that silvery/blue lure at the top left with the nice eyes
REMEMBER FOOLS RUSH IN WERE ANGELES FEAR TO TREAD
2RODS View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2RODS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2013 at 11:55pm
It looks like one of Wayne "balls" baldwins scurvy dog lures ....?.
Davent View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2013 at 1:36am
Simon, love custom crafted,are they still available? The deep river just above it looks great too, get any bass on it?
LureLovers.com Guide
LureLovers.com Guide

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simon bruce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2013 at 5:30am
Dave the custom crafted were in brollys box but I appropriated a couple they are still available I think.

The Deep River accounted for the first bass of the trip as well as a few more along the way.  The hooks got swapped onto soemthing else at some stage.
LureLovers.com Guide
LureLovers.com Guide

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simon bruce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2013 at 5:32am
2rods you are on the mnoney it is a scurvy dog lure.  Wayne was on the trip and ended up with a nice lot of bass on them as well as us getting to give them a run.
CaptainCranky View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Guide
LureLovers.com Guide
Beta Tester

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainCranky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2013 at 8:24am
Fellas there were lots of different lures tried on the trip but not all were suitable on the day.Lures that were made for me for last year's trip were also tried .Some were lost and others were not the correct depth.With only so many days to fish and everyone wanting results it is hard to test everything.
Hopefully more pics and maybe some video will surface soon.
A big Thankyou for all the makers that sent me lures to try and hopefully next year I will go back up again.
The Journey is the Reward

puglee62 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fugly Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puglee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2013 at 8:37am
love the battle scars on the MD and the Macray, looks like you boys really tested all those lures wellThumbs Up
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic