Forum Home Forum Home > Australian Lures > NSW Lures > Powell Lures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Powell 2015 Expo lures

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Powell Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Powelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Powell 2015 Expo lures
    Posted: 08 Jun 2015 at 10:20am
I thought that I would have plenty of time, in retirement, to get some lures ready for this year's Expo.  Things like the flooding rains 6 weeks ago, holidays, bad weather and a few family commitments have meant that it's going to be tight.

I finished undercoating the last of the lures a couple of days ago, which was a great relief.  My plan is to sell most of my lures in $100 packs of 4-5 lures, consisting of the older style lures (Digger, Cod, Mole R, Boris, Trout Attack, Kaditcha, Scorpion, Booma etc) mixed in with the lures that I currently make, like I did last year (http://www.lurelovers.com/forum/powell-expo-lure-packs-for-sale_topic17057.html).  The idea is to offer the old, hard to get lures at reasonable prices, so people can fish with them.

There should be 10 Cod Packs, 10 Bass Packs, 8 Barra Packs & 8 Trout Packs.  I'll also have lots of Lure Making Kits, some 'signed collectable' lures and some 'half lures' mounted on fish-shaped backing boards.

I had intended to start painting all the yellow/black lures today, but the predicted sunny day is heavily overcast! Angry

These lures are ready for wet-dry sanding and painting yellow/black stripes.

Barra Lures Bass Lures

Cod Lures Trout Lures

Some of the lures that will be 'signed'.  The nudes are Aust Red Cedar, Silky Oak, King Billy Pine, Rosewood and Western Red Cedar.

Lure Making Kit lures.

Sometime in the next 5 weeks, i need about sunny 10 days to paint these lures. Big smile  

Cheers

Travers
steiny View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steiny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2015 at 10:32am
Looking good Travers.....you have been busy mate!
cheers steiny
Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2015 at 11:03am
Oh to be retired...looking good travers
Nichos Maulers Homemade timber lures....THEY CATCH FISH!

YA DONT KNOW...IF YA DONT GO...SO GET OUT THERE AND... FISH IT
Powelly View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Powell Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Powelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2015 at 7:41pm
It was to be a beautiful, sunny day, today. Woke up to dark clouds and no sun.  Fortunately, the sun appeared after lunch and I managed to get 28 lures painted.

Feels good to get the first lot painted Big smile.  About 200 more to paint, though.  Might send Flacco to church, to see if he can cut a deal with the big fellow upstairs LOL

Cheers

Travers
Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2015 at 8:05pm
Just love black n yella might need to get a couple of those.

Powelly View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Powell Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Powelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2015 at 8:50pm
Originally posted by Nicho Nicho wrote:

Just love black n yella might need to get a couple of those.

The lures down the other end are nicer! Wink

All the lures are yellow and black, but there are variants.  Yellow/black overpsrayed with Ghost Violet, Olive (Y/B with light overspray of black) and yellow/black with black bib and sides oversprayed with Mint Green candy concentrate Big smile.

I'm trying to keep the paint schemes simple, but not all the same.  The next lot to be painted will be the 'grasshopper' coloured lures and the red and black lures.

I was trying to paint the 2015 Kaditcha Sets as I paint the Expo lures.  Painted 3 sets of Kads yellow, today, but ran out of time to put the second colour on.

Cheers

Travers
redfish11 View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redfish11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2015 at 9:29pm
OK, Ya got me again Travers!
Please put aside a Bass set for me.
Gonna test em out on the local Sootie population!

Allan
Powelly View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Powell Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Powelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2015 at 10:06pm
Originally posted by redfish11 redfish11 wrote:

OK, Ya got me again Travers!
Please put aside a Bass set for me.
Gonna test em out on the local Sootie population!

Allan

Hi Allan

They are all heading to the Expo.  Are you going to the Expo?  Not sure how the punters, at the expo, will handle paying $100 for a pack of 4-5 lures.  Might be lots left over!

Travers

RAVA View Drop Down
Industry Member
Industry Member
AkLures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RAVA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2015 at 10:10pm
Well it's good to see one of us is getting stuck into the painting Travers at least I've got my couple undercoated now , so I may also get time to paint now that most of the heavy house pulling apart is done . Travers is behind because he spent time helping me out so y'all can blame me I'm not sure about the church thing I don't think I have a direct line in that direction
Your lures look great Travers top shelf as always mate

Cheers Flacco the grateful
Fish hate me!!!

Cheers Gary
rhino.0407 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rhino.0407 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2015 at 6:51pm
Hi Travers,I hope I get there early enough to grab a cod pack,they should go like hot cakes mate.cheers pete
Nativeman View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nativeman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2015 at 6:54pm
Hi Travers

Can we pre order for the expo?

Wink I'm keen

Cheers

horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2015 at 6:57pm
hmmmmm, too many lures, too many makers................not enough zeros after my bank accountCry. I can't see you going back home with too many of theseThumbs Up.
Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
Powelly View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Powell Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Powelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2015 at 9:01pm
Originally posted by Nativeman Nativeman wrote:

Hi Travers

Can we pre order for the expo?

I don't want to get into the pre-ordering thing, otherwise I may as well sell them on LL's, like I did last year.

When I get the lures finished, I will post photos of the packs, so that you can choose which packs you might be interested in before the Expo.

Travers
Nativeman View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nativeman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2015 at 9:29pm
Yes good idea Travers,,, I will be lined up at the table first thing...

See you there
simo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2015 at 10:15pm
keen on a bass or trout pack if left overs  available thanks travers
Alljo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alljo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2015 at 9:11am
Hi travers new member alljo, am obsessed with yellow and black , would love to purchase so of your kads if possible. Do I have to wait for expo or can I buy direct??? Thanks alljo
Powelly View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Powell Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Powelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2015 at 11:11am
Originally posted by Alljo Alljo wrote:

Hi travers new member alljo, am obsessed with yellow and black , would love to purchase so of your kads if possible. Do I have to wait for expo or can I buy direct??? Thanks alljo

Hi alljo

Check out this post to see how I'll be selling the lures at the Expo:

http://www.lurelovers.com/forum/powell-expo-lure-packs-for-sale_topic17057.html

If I start selling them before the Expo, I may not have any to take to the Expo.  Last year's lures sold on LL's in about a week.

Cheers

Travers
bilge View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Bill Jackson Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bilge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2015 at 1:28am
Travers I found out that I dont have enuff time to be retired??
The older I get the more I learn.
Powelly View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Powell Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Powelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2015 at 11:42am
Originally posted by bilge bilge wrote:

Travers I found out that I dont have enuff time to be retired??

ditto, Bill.  

I just wish the sun would shine so that I can finish these lures and go fishing!
Powelly View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Powell Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Powelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2015 at 9:28am
At last, all of the "Lure Pack" lures are painted! Big smile  Still got a few deep divers to add the soldered tow wire and hooks to, then I'll put the packs together, photograph and display them in this post.

Below are the Scorpions that will go in the packs. There's a mixture of sizes, from 2" to 4", a mixture of shapes, including some of Peter's 'different' shapes, some shallow divers and some are carved rounded but most are standard "V" bottom.

The deep profile, 4" pink/purple Scorpion will go into one of the Cod Packs. It has a nice wide action.

Cheers

Travers
reel deal View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reel deal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2015 at 11:40am
Gee Travers they are nice....

Bugger the expo, I'll take the lot right now...the Dan Murphy truck should deliver your pallet of Warburton and Nugan duriif any time now.

I have asked for screw tops so you don't need a corkscrew hahaha

Wired

wadey the fellow wino

www.reeldealfishing.com.au
Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2015 at 12:48pm
looking great travers

hazmail View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Rayna Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hazmail Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2015 at 1:23pm
Beautiful things Travers, looking forward to checking these out at the expo.
Pete
   'RAYNA' ---Free Range Lures
peterayn@yahoo.com.au
whipit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whipit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2015 at 6:19pm
Really like those little black ones with the orange rings....looks like your going to have trouble getting any of them to the expo.
whipit
puglee62 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fugly Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puglee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2015 at 6:31pm
mighty fine work Travers,these are going to go quick
that's no how ye make porridge!
steiny View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steiny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2015 at 6:37pm
Wish I was going
cheers steiny
Powelly View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Powell Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Powelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2015 at 3:28pm
At last, the Lure Packs have been sorted.  As I did last year, each pack contains old-style lures to give people an opportunity to fish with, what has become, expensive collectible, hand-carved, timber lures.  I have made these lures to be fished, not housed in a cupboard. It is a great opportunity to buy these lures at reasonable prices and throw a Kaditcha, Digger, Cod, Scorpion, Booma etc at a few fish.

The packs are $100 each, making the average price of the Cod and Barra lures $25 each, and the Trout and Bass lures $20 each.

These are the packs.

I have had a few requests to buy the packs before the Expo or to pay now and pick them up at the Expo.  I've said no to all requests.  I hope that doesn't offend people, but I want to be fair to everyone. I've put photos of the packs, so that LL's members can make a decision before seeing the lures in the flesh.

I've made far too many lures for the Lure Making Kits, but you never know, there may be a whole new generation of lure makers just wanting to get started.

Still working on some signed collectible lures and the half lures on fish backing timber things!

Cheers

Travers       
Strangalures View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strangalures Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2015 at 9:25pm
Nice lures Travers
Fish Choking Lures :)
Powelly View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Powell Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Powelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2015 at 6:10pm
Because the Expo is in Qld, I painted lots of purple lures.

Because lots of Queenslanders will be attending the Expo, I painted purple-on-purple lures Big smile, for when a bit of purple just isn't enough!

Love the pearls and candy concentrates Thumbs Up

Cheers

Travers
rob1968 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rob1968 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2015 at 6:53pm
Top notch
lest_55 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lest_55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2015 at 7:21pm
Bloody tease Travers
hazmail View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Rayna Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hazmail Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2015 at 8:10pm
Originally posted by lest_55 lest_55 wrote:

Bloody tease Travers

Yep same here, real Jems Travers.
Pete
   'RAYNA' ---Free Range Lures
peterayn@yahoo.com.au
jaybonnie View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybonnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2015 at 8:21pm
Beautiful lures and can you buy these now or only at the lure expo?
THE CODFATHER
Powelly View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Powell Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Powelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2015 at 9:20pm
Originally posted by jaybonnie jaybonnie wrote:

Beautiful lures and can you buy these now or only at the lure expo?

Unlike last year, I can actually make it to the Expo this year.  These are only available at the Expo.  Once they're gone, they're gone! Fare chance that there will be some packs let over.  If so, I'll put them on LL's when I return from the Expo.

Travers
jaybonnie View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybonnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2015 at 9:30pm
Thank you mate that would be appreciated.Thumbs Up
THE CODFATHER
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic