LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lure Market > LureLovers.com Cottage Industry Lure Market > Powell Lures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Powell Expo Lure Packs for sale

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Powell Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Powelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Powell Expo Lure Packs for sale
    Posted: 27 Apr 2014 at 8:48pm
I had big plans of setting up a stall at this year's Lure Expo Big smile.  I made sure that I wasn't teaching before and after the June long weekend, so that I had time to get there and get home.  Unfortunately, the Lure Expo changed dates to a time where I'm flat out teaching.  So, I won't be at this year's Lure Expo Cry.

I cut a lot of the blanks out last October/November, so it seemed reasonable that I still carve them.  My plan was to sell some 'signed' collectables, some lure making kits and a heap of lures that people have been asking me to make for about 7-8 years: those lures that I now only sell as signed collectables - Diggers, Cod, Mole R, Boris, Grunt, Kads, Scorpions, Boomas etc.

The plan was to do a one-off carving of these lures and sell them in $100 packs, so that I didn't have to fiddle around with heaps of change. There are Cod Packs, Barra Packs, Bass Packs, Tout Packs and Mixed Packs all at reasonable prices to allow people to fish with them.

When I finished the 2014 Kads, I started carving and managed to carve about 150 lures, which I painted last week.

They ended up looking like:  Diggers, Little Diggers, Micro Diggers & Mack Attacks (5" Mack Attack, Mack Attack and Mack Attack Deep)

Trout, Mini Kad, 2" & 3" Kaditchas, Grunt/Boris/Cod/Mole R

Scorpions (4", 3" & 2") - the 2 with fluoro orange rings are rounded, not V belly  + Boomas (front 2 are V belly)

Looks like I forgot to take photos of the Moogerah Minnows and Macleay Minnows!

Lure Packs in the next Post
Powelly View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Powell Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Powelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2014 at 9:06pm
The Lure Packs are $100 each + postage ($8 for under 500g).  There won't be any more of these lures made, unsigned, so please don't order Diggers, Kads, Boomas etc except if you want them as 'signed' collectables. If there is enough interest in these lure packs, I may get inspired and do the same for next year's Lure Expo (which I should be able to attend).

Some of the Packs have already been sold, but there's still plenty available.  If you want a Pack, or 3, please send me a PM.  I won't respond to your requests on this post.

I also have 8 lures that I painted Candy Apple Red and black.  They were so stunning, I couldn't separate them.  They are $200 for the 8 lures (3" Kad, 2" Kad, Mini Kad, Booma, Digger, Little Digger, Boris & 2" Scorpion)

I made a heap of lure kit lures, so if anyone is after one of the kits (7cm Minnow, Guppy, Large Guppy or Barra) they are available.

None of these lures are signed and are not made for collecting.  They are offered at a reasonable price to give LL's members an opportunity to fish with some iconic lures that, otherwise, are too expensive to fish with.

Cheers

Travers
Powelly View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Powell Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Powelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2014 at 9:46pm
BASS PACK 1 and MIXED PACK 2 are sold.

Travers
Powelly View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Powell Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Powelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2014 at 10:06pm
COD PACK 3 is sold
SNAFU View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
RIPP-N LURES

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNAFU Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2014 at 7:09am
Ya been busy Travers..very nice indeed mate Thumbs Up

Mick!!!
rodsncods View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rodsncods Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2014 at 7:35am
can you pencil me in for cod pack 7 please, will tell you one way or the other this afternoon.....mick
BEER IS PROOF THAT GOD LOVES US AND WANTS US TO BE HAPPY!!!
Powelly View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Powell Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Powelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2014 at 10:40am
Lots of Packs are now sold.

Still available are:

COD PACKS  7, 8 and 9

BARRA PACKS 2 and 4

BASS PACKS  2, 3 and 5

TROUT PACKS  4, 5, 6 and 7

MIXED PACKS  All sold

I've had a few enquiries for Lure Making Kits, so I'll take some photos when I get home from work, this afternoon, and post them up.

Cheers

Travers
Powelly View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Powell Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Powelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2014 at 9:33pm
These are the lures that I made for the Lure Making Kits - 3 Barra, 4 Guppy, 4 Large Guppy and two 7cm Minnows.

2 of the Barra Kits are sold - just waiting for confirmation of their preferred colours.

Let me know if you are interested in a Lure Making Kit.  Barra Kit is $35, Guppy Kit is $30, Large Guppy Kit is $40 and the 7cm Minnow Kit is $30.  All Kits come with enough gear to make 2 lures (Barra Kit only makes 1 lure), instructions and one of the lures above.

Cheers

Travers
jaybonnie View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybonnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2014 at 2:09am
I will take cod pack number 7 if still available please
THE CODFATHER
Powelly View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Powell Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Powelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2014 at 9:27am
Originally posted by jaybonnie jaybonnie wrote:

I will take cod pack number 7 if still available please

Cod 7 is available, but please send your request through the PM system so that I can keep tabs on who gets first preference on the packs.

Cheers

Travers

Powelly View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Powell Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Powelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2014 at 9:38pm
Just a few Packs left.

All the Lure Making Kits are available, except for the green Barra.

Cheers

Travers
Powelly View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Powell Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Powelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2014 at 7:55pm
The Barra Packs have now all gone.  Just 1 Bass Pack, 1 Cod Pack and 3 Trout Packs left.

Powelly View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Powell Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Powelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2014 at 9:04pm
Looks like enthusiasm for the Lure Packs has dried up.  The 5 Packs, above, are still available if anyone is interested.

I made these packs so that people had an opportunity to fish with them.  Hopefully, they will be thrown at Cod, Bass, Barra, Jacks, Trout, Bream etc and not mothballed in a collection. The 'signed' lures are always available for the display case.

Looking forward to seeing photos of the lures hanging out of the mouths of some toothy critters Big smile

Cheers

Travers
Paul G View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2014 at 1:38pm
Pack 7 Please Travers!!

Yep, I've been hanging out for a mini kad to toss into the sticks!!

Cheers,
Paul.
Powelly View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Powell Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Powelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2014 at 6:42pm
Just about done and dusted!  Only 2 Packs left.  No more opportunities to buy these lures, unsigned, unless I make some for next year's Expo.

Not sure if anyone who bought the Cod Packs noticed, but there are 2 versions of the Digger.

The Digger on the right is the lure that I've been making and selling for about 22-23 years. There were variations of this lure, with bib angle and bib size, allowing me to make lures for shallow river & deep river fishing and dam trolling.   The Digger on the left is very slightly different in shape and is one that I used to make for me to troll Glenlyon Dam (can't remember if I actually sold any).

The other "bonus" that I added to these lure packs was the use of Candy Concentrates and Pearls.  Because of the high cost of Candies and Pearls, I only use them on my 'signed' lures.

Anyhow, there are 2 packs left.  First in gets some old-time timber lures that are priced to throw at fish.

Travers

Powelly View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Powell Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Powelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2014 at 10:46pm
COD PACK 9 is sold.

Lucky last one left is TROUT PACK 5

Travers
Powelly View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Powell Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Powelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2014 at 8:19am
All the Lure Packs are now sold. Thanks to everyone who bought them. Hope you catch some nice fish on them.

I'll try to get the lure Making Kits together this weekend, then show photos.

Cheers

Travers
Paul G View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2014 at 7:47pm
Collected mine from the Postmaster thanks Travers, Very impressed, Will post a pic up sometime soon!!

Cheers,
Paul.
steiny View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steiny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2014 at 7:49pm
Yeah...I am very happy with mine!
cheers steiny
River Rover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote River Rover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2014 at 9:07am
Could have had a great weekend at caravan show with that lot, great work mate.
David
Powelly View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Powell Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Powelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2014 at 2:55pm
Originally posted by River Rover River Rover wrote:

Could have had a great weekend at caravan show with that lot, great work mate.

I heard that Thommo hasn't come up with any new jokes, for this year's Caravan, Camping, 4WD, .....Fishing Show and I just couldn't hack listening to the same jokes that we've endured for the past 5 years! LOL

The writing was on the wall, last year, when you didn't turn up to cook for us.  Very hard to find a good camp cook (hard enough to find a 'straight' cook!).

I have no idea who Brett will put sh*t on this year.  We may have to turn up, as spectators, and heckle him Confused

Fatso, sorry Flacco, will be home from the US on Sunday. Thommo's in trouble!

Cheers

Travers
Ducks View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ducks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2014 at 3:10pm
No complaints with mine.
I baptised one last weekend and it performed great.  (Minus me being able to find the fish.)

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic