LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Lure Discussion > Lure Collecting
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Promotional lures

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
No_Classifieds
No_Classifieds

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toharsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Promotional lures
    Posted: 30 Oct 2018 at 6:18am
Hi all does anyone collect promotional lures?
horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2018 at 5:52pm
There are a few people that do collect them.
Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
Toharsu View Drop Down
No_Classifieds
No_Classifieds

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toharsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2018 at 6:06pm
Thanks. I have NRL Cocoa Cola, NT Barra Nationals and oil company promotion lures.Cheers Ian
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2018 at 6:11pm
Are they the Reidy's Coca Cola lures? There are 2 different designs in the medium and deep divers in those. Put in a search using the search function quoting "Coca Cola" to see the differences.
Martin-

Toharsu View Drop Down
No_Classifieds
No_Classifieds

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toharsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2018 at 6:37pm
It's a Reidys Taipan deep 3.5 m floater and still in the original box.
Kimo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2018 at 4:11pm
I have 2 I thought 3 but cant find the third, Altimers I think But mine are all the same
I have a Manns Coca-Cola
The only person I know of tha has the whole 3 Reidy`s Is Martin so take note of what he says
Kimo
Kimo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2018 at 4:11pm
Old Timers
Kimo
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2018 at 8:28pm
What colour is your Mann's lure thanks Kimo? I have 4 of them, a gold, a red, a black and a white one.
Martin-

Kimo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2018 at 6:49am

I only have the Red but still trying
Kimo
Ducks View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ducks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2018 at 7:57am
Originally posted by horrorhead horrorhead wrote:

What colour is your Mann's lure thanks Kimo? I have 4 of them, a gold, a red, a black and a white one.

Are they plastic, these promotional lures you collect?
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2018 at 9:14am
I collect any promo lures- timber, plastic, metal, even have a couple of soft plastic promo.  But I don't believe they are worth the big price some people put on them
Martin-

Toharsu View Drop Down
No_Classifieds
No_Classifieds

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toharsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2018 at 1:28pm
I have a green and yellow "John Deere" Spinnerbait. Given to me as a birthday present. Unknown were it was purchased or obtained.
Kimo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2018 at 4:48pm
Yer I`m a bit the same as Martin Any promotional stuff is good, some would seem to be in abundance, others I think I shall now Nick name Martin Lures mostly made of plastic but as rare as Martins Hair Cuts
And He deliberately seems to have all the rare ones
I do not have as greater access to the older and historic timber hand made lures and even if I did do not have the ability to identify them
However I can read a bit of writing on the side of a lure
Guess I`m sort of a second class collector but enjoy it
Kimo
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2018 at 6:30pm
Just collect what you like Kimo. They don't have to be expensive. I can't help myself but to have a collection of Les Barlow's, at $5 each.
Martin-

Ducks View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ducks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2018 at 7:38pm
Nothing wrong with plastic kimo.
I was just having a poke at Marty for collecting plastic ones when they're not good enough for him to use
Kimo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2018 at 10:41pm
All good guys
I have a bit of a lot of stuff nothing that most would call great but enough for me to enjoy dabbling with
I was also just having a friendly stir with martin ,no offence intended
But yer I got heeps of plastic, will never use a fraction of it, I think I just like the pretty colors
Kimo
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2018 at 9:22am
No offence interpreted and I still don't like plastics to use. At the barra comp, my mate Bill had a gold bomber broken by a 66 cm barra, luckily the lure broke after he lifted it out of the water. But I do like promotional plasticsLOL
Martin-

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic