LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Australian Lures > NSW Lures > Knols
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Proto's ?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote micknq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Proto's ?
    Posted: 25 Sep 2013 at 10:08pm
This pair came from a bloke who used to fish bass comps and reckons he was often given Lures and prototypes to test for different makers. Can't see this colour on the colour range charts so I'm wondering if they might be plastic proto's. Any thoughts?
Darby View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fishaholic Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2013 at 10:21pm
Mick, they look like standard Native 75 and Minnow 60 shapes, possibly a special paint job though.
Nice pair and would be great to find a Native 50 to match them.

Brad
"If you are going to have fun with your rod.. get some wood

saito View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2013 at 7:54am
John did paint a lot of custom colours on his lures, some one offs.
Have spoken to him only once and he mentioned this.
The ones usually painted in custom were for good friends, requests and from his own tackle box.

Pete (Tooch), knew him well and might have more info since he use to paint some lures in his shed as well.

Cheers

James

~Love my Bass fishing~
tooch View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Twitchy Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tooch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2013 at 8:19am
The large native is definetly a proto if you have a look
at the tow point the omega is a handmade one that John
put into all his deep diving range of lures...SmileSmileSmile..pete.
I'd rather be fishing with

saito View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2013 at 1:06pm

Awesome!

Cheers

James

~Love my Bass fishing~
doccod View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
B.J.'s Spinnerbaits

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doccod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2013 at 1:28pm
I don't agree that the 75mm is a prototype lure just custom painted for that person....Quite a few of us who knew John and visited his shed/house while he was operating had one off colours done in various models as you are well aware Tooch.......Also many members of the H.N.B.A.A. also had custom colours done as you also know this.....As far as I know Marko Spiehar had some prototypes of johns and unless these come from Marko's boxes then the likely hood of it being a protype lessens....regards B.J.
micknq View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micknq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2013 at 6:56pm
Thanks for the feedback fella's , I didn't get them from Marko BTW .
tooch View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Twitchy Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote tooch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2013 at 9:52am
I agree about the custom colours guys as you Know John did paint a lot of custom
colours for his friends and all these lures are injected moulded plastic lures...WinkWinkWink
so the body shapes aren't protos  but as I said John put a lot of different sized bibs into his lures
and that's where these fall into the prototype class.. I know this as I made these bibs up
for him many moons ago... there were about Twenty different people that john Painted
custom Painted lures for but only a select few got to actually field test his lures for him.
All johns Prototypes were made from timber and that's where the difference falls..SmileSmileSmileSmileSmile...pete.
I'd rather be fishing with

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic