Forum Home Forum Home > Australian Lures > NSW Lures > Aklures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

RAVA'S Daughter

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Industry Member
Industry Member
AkLures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RAVA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: RAVA'S Daughter
    Posted: 17 Jan 2012 at 3:17pm
Hi people my 10yr old daughter Stephanie has been wanting to learn lure making Confused so Powelly gave her a couple of blanks from his lure kit some instruction on sanding and away she went Big smile
Steph sanding

sanded and ready for glue

the finished lures, Steph wanted them nude but she asked me to do the eyes, the rest was done by StephThumbs Up

now off to chase fish with em this week, lookout Dunbogan Wink

Fish hate me!!!

Cheers Gary
steiny View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steiny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2012 at 3:34pm
Well done Gary...and well done Steph. Those two lures look awesome for your first effort. cheers mate, Darren
cheers steiny
barneyminno View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Deep River Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote barneyminno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2012 at 3:40pm
Very well made for a first effort! Smile Good onya Steph and dad Smile
Barney.
reel deal View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reel deal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2012 at 3:45pm
Nice lures there young Stephanie, probably the good ground work from Powelly made the difference.Wink

Gaz is she really your daughter ??? just that she has hairLOL

I known, I know what you are thinking - I have been told many times before today !!!

Enjoy the Hastings area

wadey
www.reeldealfishing.com.au
Red Hunter View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Red Hunter Fishing Rods

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2012 at 3:58pm
Geeze , wish I could do one that good , Thumbs Up
fletch View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Kuttafurra Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fletch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2012 at 4:11pm
Cool as ..and awesome lures... My daughters been nagging me to paint again .... Best get her onto it .... Cheers Aaron
edzard View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Ollie's Stingrays

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2012 at 4:23pm
WOW Gary you certainly train them young, well done StephClapClap just need to see some fish hanging of those lures to complete the experience.

Cheers
Ollie
Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2012 at 4:25pm
nice work......they look great....well done steph
Jas
Nichos Maulers Homemade timber lures....THEY CATCH FISH!

YA DONT KNOW...IF YA DONT GO...SO GET OUT THERE AND... FISH IT
p.j. View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2012 at 6:46pm

Great work Stephanie. Am sure you will catch some very nice Fish on these Lures.

Very much like to see when you do. ClapClapClapClapClap
P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
EVEN CUSTOM DOGS LIKE THEM
horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2012 at 7:22pm
Nice one Steph, they look great and being nudies as well Thumbs Up. Make sure you catch the first fish on them thoughWink and show us the photos. Martin
Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
Powelly View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Powell Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Powelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2012 at 8:08pm
Looking good, Steph Big smile.  Nice work ClapClapClap

Now dad can sit back and let you take over his lure making empire! Confused

Well done.

Travers
ando 1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ando 1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2012 at 8:27pm
Top job Stephanie the lures looks great.
hope you catch a bigger fish than ya dad on it.
River Rover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote River Rover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2012 at 7:53am
That is a new twist on the hybrid lure, Powell blank and Aklure advice and eyes with Steph supplying labour input. Great work Steph wait till you get to my input and I recon some radical shapes and colours and sure Nicho won't mind if you use some dots and spots. Sky the limit here.........
Thumbs Up
David
MXB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MXB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2012 at 8:27am
Well done Steph . . .

It should be noted that the early lure manufacturers like Heddon and Chub Creek employed mainly females to finish, paint and assemble lures as their attention to detail was better than males. There are photos of the entire work force which shows this and the CCBC employees were all female and they worked there until the factory was closed.

Watch out fellas

MXB
RAVA View Drop Down
Industry Member
Industry Member
AkLures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RAVA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2012 at 8:39am
Thankyou allSmile Steph is really surprised at the responseShocked she is a very happy girl Big smile and thankyou all from a proud dad Smile
Fish hate me!!!

Cheers Gary
Screamingreel View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2012 at 8:53am
Move over Dad, there is a new lure maker on lot .
The will be some interesting discussion on style and overall design in the household from now on.
regards John
Padgey View Drop Down
Industry Member
Industry Member
Power Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Padgey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2012 at 10:38am
Good stuff Gary and Steph, my 13 yr old son had ago a few days ago, gave him a blank and the stanley knife and said be careful probally a dozen times, second slice with the knife also a thin fillet of skin from the index finger it didn`t hardly bleed but that was it no more lure carving for him, but its great to see the young ones  having ago. It`s all ways good Gary to have someone close at hand to ask for advice, cheers Bryan.
HANDCARVED and HANDMADE TIMBER LURES
horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2012 at 12:31pm
BLEEDING DIGIT - sounds like a good lure color - PUGLEE, stop thinking abo ut it. Martin
Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
puglee62 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fugly Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puglee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2012 at 12:46pm
hmmmmm?!LOL
how nice is it to see another generation of Akers making lures?,i think the luremaking is in your blood Steph, you are very goodClap
saito View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2012 at 11:47am
Mate that is awesome! Great job on her first lure.
I cannot wait to make my own.
Originally posted by Powelly Powelly wrote:

Now dad can sit back and let you take over his lure making empire! Confused
You never know? LOLLOL
doccod View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
B.J.'s Spinnerbaits

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doccod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2012 at 1:33pm
ClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapExtremely well done.....ClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapWink.........B.J.
reel deal View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reel deal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2012 at 1:14pm
Following on from an all too short visit to the lower Hunter on the weekend, I am happy to announce that I am the very proud owner of a custom Steph's Minnow.

I am humble, very humble Stephanie - many thanksClap

wadey

www.reeldealfishing.com.au
saito View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2012 at 1:22pm
Thats awesome LOL
puglee62 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fugly Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puglee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2012 at 2:17pm
lovely bit of craftsmanship,you are very lucky WadeyThumbs Up
barneyminno View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Deep River Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote barneyminno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2012 at 2:17pm
That IS awesome!Smile

Gary , your daughter is a very good luremaker.

Must be genetic  Smile

Barney.
puglee62 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fugly Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puglee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2012 at 2:22pm
i just hope Flacco does'nt teach her his pig hunting skills tooShocked
Moomoo View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moomoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2012 at 3:36pm
They are beautiful Steph. Can't wait to see more from you. Moomoo xx
p.j. View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2012 at 8:19pm
That is one nice looking Lure Stephanie have made there. And custom made i can understand you are humble mate.
Way to go Steph ClapClapClapClapClap
P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
EVEN CUSTOM DOGS LIKE THEM
CircleVbaits View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
CircleVbait Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CircleVbaits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2012 at 2:42am
Great job on the lure young lady, Gary you are a great teacher.
The best to Y'all,
Verlon
Baitman
bilge View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Bill Jackson Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bilge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2012 at 6:30am
Great lure young lady it would be very satisfying to catch a fish on it. Well done. Bill jackson
The older I get the more I learn.
SNAFU View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
RIPP-N LURES

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNAFU Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2012 at 8:33am
I have seen these lures made by steph first hand and an excellent job steph...wadey will treasure it for sure...

Mick!!!
RAVA View Drop Down
Industry Member
Industry Member
AkLures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RAVA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2012 at 8:47am
Thankyou everyone I love making lures my dad is teaching me I am going to make more Big smile
Steph xxFishing
Fish hate me!!!

Cheers Gary
SNAFU View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
RIPP-N LURES

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNAFU Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2012 at 8:57am
Ya ole dad might be able to retire steph and you take over the luremaking WinkWink

Mick!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic