LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lure Market > LureLovers.com Cottage Industry Lure Market > Rayna Lures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rayna collectors set

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
hazmail View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Rayna Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hazmail Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rayna collectors set
    Posted: 14 Apr 2013 at 6:13pm

I’ve been working towards this for a while, I like change, and like most makers get sick of repetition, so have decided over the next 12 months to offer some numbered “limited sets”-

Set 1 2013:

Each lure in these sets will be signed and numbered,

eg: “Set 1-2013 -3/7 -P.R”

The first set in 2013 will comprise two lures per set, with a total of 7 sets ONLY, these will be presented in a lacquered, solid 'Poplar' box with a molded 'PVC' insert .

Lures in these sets will have some unique features :

Painted lures, made of Kauri Pine, both 8cm x apx 11grams +

Plus sets of hooks #6 VMC , with rings.

Hand made eyes, (mine), will be in various colours to suit sets,

Both lures have a low pitch rattle.

“ Polycarbonate Bibs” bent and stamped (-moulded concave or convex-) -

'Spotted Dog' -concave = 5 m depth -

'Par Trout' - convex = 2.4 m depth.

Each bib and lure set box will be stamped Rayna

Hand made and numbered lure boxes with PVC insert will contain two lures, the boxes are made of 'Poplar' (light blond in colour).

COST $130 + Reg Post ($9.50 within Australia).

Payment can be made by Bank Transfer or PayPal.

These lures are made to be fished or collected (or both), they are NOT 'tuned' as this would leave a hook rash on the clear coat, but they should be close.

Sets are completed and ready to post and will be sold in numerical order, starting at #1 – ending #7 . Because of the low numbers, sets will be limited to one per customer.

If you would like a set, for your privacy and so I can keep track of who ordered first etc-

To order a set, EMAIL me ONLY at: peterayn @yahoo.com.au - with your name + Avatar + address and I will supply your set number and bank details.

Thanks for looking

Pete

'RAYNA' ---Free Range Lures
peterayn@yahoo.com.au
fletch View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Kuttafurra Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fletch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2013 at 6:18pm
beautiful ..... put me down for one .......let me know cheers aaron
Lofty View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder

Esoteric Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lofty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2013 at 6:30pm
Pete I Love your work and these are beautiful.Lofty
Esoteric lures "For The Select Few"
hazmail View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Rayna Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hazmail Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2013 at 6:47pm
Thanks Lofty, from you that IS a compliament
AARON ---To order a set, EMAIL me
ONLYat: peterayn @yahoo.com.au- with your name + Avatar + address and I will supply your set number and bank details.
Thanks for looking

Pete

peterayn@yahoo.com.au
Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2013 at 6:55pm
beautiful work pete....Clap
Nichos Maulers Homemade timber lures....THEY CATCH FISH!

YA DONT KNOW...IF YA DONT GO...SO GET OUT THERE AND... FISH IT
Jimbo42 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Jungle Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2013 at 7:09pm
Pete,
Sensational work
a question
How do you find the Kauri Pine as a timber for the lures?I have been lucky in doing some demolition and found some handrails in the K/ Pine(I also scored 3 lengths of white Beech window cills.Bonus!)
Should I grab some ?

JimboThumbs Up
There are no problems,only solutions
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Jungle-Lures
steiny View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steiny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2013 at 7:21pm
Beautiful workmanship...well done!
cheers steiny
Tincan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tincan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2013 at 7:24pm
Gee they look awesome Pete, the time and craftsmanship you put into everything shows.

Tincan
You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.
Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2013 at 7:31pm
Originally posted by Jimbo42 Jimbo42 wrote:

Pete,
Sensational work
a question
How do you find the Kauri Pine as a timber for the lures?I have been lucky in doing some demolition and found some handrails in the K/ Pine(I also scored 3 lengths of white Beech window cills.Bonus!)
Should I grab some ?

JimboThumbs Up

Jimbo......id say if petes used it, its quality......nothing he does is half doneWink.... hes the quite achiever
Jas

hazmail View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Rayna Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hazmail Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2013 at 8:09pm
Thanks guys-- 5 Sold.
Jimbo, I like Kauri to work with, and it's about the right weight for me--A problem with it is when shaping it it tends to chip around the bib slot---I made 12 of these sets and had to reject 5, mostly because of the wood chippin away, but found if the bib slot is cut in line with the grain not a problem, it's taken me a couple of years to work that out LOLOuch.
Grab it, and grab the white Beech, a lot of guys use that here, supposed to be the best??.
Pete
peterayn@yahoo.com.au
ringo View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2013 at 8:25pm
Wow Pete.  Amazing lures.  It is obvious to me that you've put a lot of thought into the presentation of these remarkable box sets and it shows in the final product.  Even people who have no interest in fishing or lures would admire your workmanship.  Well done!Clap
Fysshe Salmon View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Fysshe Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fysshe Salmon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2013 at 9:01pm
Great sets Pete. Love the boxes as well with the inserts, a nice touch. With the Kauri, I'm using a lot of Fijian Kauri (Dakau Makadre) at the moment and I think it's probably one of the best timbers I've used!! No problems with chipping either... Cheers IAN
Fysshe
Strangalures View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strangalures Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2013 at 9:43pm
very nice sets you can see a lot of work in all that , well done
Rick.
Fish Choking Lures :)
mdlures View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
MD Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdlures Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2013 at 9:56pm
Very, very nice Clap

cheers
Mark
MDlures
traditional hand carved fishing lures
2RODS View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2RODS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2013 at 11:24pm
Pm sent
SNAFU View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
RIPP-N LURES

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNAFU Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2013 at 2:59am
Nice work there Pete..very nice Clap

Mick!!!
barneyminno View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Deep River Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote barneyminno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2013 at 6:54am
Beautifully presented and very well made. Great work Pete Smile
tupong View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tupong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2013 at 10:23am
Beautiful set, just wondering though will they be available to buy not in the box set as I'd love to try them on some trout but would feel like I was doing a bad thing with using a collectors set.  

Edit: just read the bit about them not being tuned for fishing :( but would still love some that are tuned to give a run on the troots :)
regards mick
Mcleod View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder

Macquarie Customs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mcleod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2013 at 2:25pm
Pete,

Just stunning as usual. You always leave me impressed with your work.

Angus
hazmail View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Rayna Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hazmail Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2013 at 7:30pm
Thanks for your comments, it IS appreciated---my bums hanging out at them moment-- big dramas OhYeah.

But  ALL SOLD, thanks again to everyone.
Pete
peterayn@yahoo.com.au
horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2013 at 7:31pm
Just stunning there Pete, love your work and too scared to use my only Rayna.
Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2013 at 7:36pm
use it martin......they work......

hazmail View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Rayna Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hazmail Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2013 at 8:43pm
Originally posted by tupong tupong wrote:

Beautiful set, just wondering though will they be available to buy not in the box set as I'd love to try them on some trout but would feel like I was doing a bad thing with using a collectors set.  

Edit: just read the bit about them not being tuned for fishing :( but would still love some that are tuned to give a run on the troots :)
regards mick

No presentable 'Spotted Dogs' Mick, but might have a 'Par' or two in the reject bin.
Pete
peterayn@yahoo.com.au
Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2013 at 4:01pm
TO FISH OR NOT TO FISHConfused
Bloody sensational work pete........presentation all round perfect.

maybe just ONE FISH then back in the box?

hazmail View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Rayna Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hazmail Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2013 at 8:00pm
Thanks Jas, I don't want to even think about the hours in these - fish them, I dare you LOLLOL.
Pete
peterayn@yahoo.com.au
Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2013 at 9:17pm

I can see the time involved pete....on an hrly rate your well behind the average wage......but its obvious by the way you've presented these that its not about the money...its a labour of love...

bloody awesome.

Strangalures View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strangalures Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2013 at 9:45pm
They look great Pete I think in this case there are plenty of your own lures to fish Jas

That dotted one is just awesome

Cheers Rick
Fish Choking Lures :)
Mal Vader View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mal Vader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2013 at 2:52am
Originally posted by hazmail hazmail wrote:

Thanks Jas, I don't want to even think about the hours in these - fish them, I dare you LOLLOL.
Pete

WinkWinkWinkWinkWink Poor Jas, what a predicament..........
TOO PRETTY TO SWIM??? Ouch
Do you leave the car in the garage when it rains?
You're on you're own there mate, I shouldn't say till I've swam ALL my collectables!
(expected to be done before XMas this year)
These sets are STUNNINGLY BEAUTIFUL! Heart
You are indeed envied, Jas.
TOP SHELF! Thumbs Up Pete. 66
Thanx for the PM back.
Cheers   MAL

DARK LORD
In Space, no-one can hear you SCREAM!
JOKER View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Shane Love Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JOKER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2015 at 2:11pm
very high standed lures....lucky people who got a set....nice work Pete....cheers Shane.......
hazmail View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Rayna Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hazmail Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2015 at 8:39pm
Thanks Shane.
Pete
peterayn@yahoo.com.au
whipit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whipit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2015 at 10:57pm
They look absolutely beautiful, must look even better when in your hand. The new owners must be very happy.
whipit
puglee62 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fugly Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puglee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2015 at 12:04pm
Petes lures are always to a very high standard anyway way but these would be off the planet.
that's no how ye make porridge!
hazmail View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Rayna Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hazmail Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2015 at 5:06pm
Thanks again Chris/ Whipit- I'm getting wound up AGAIN here, have about 50 to paint, just waiting on some matte white.
You know how it is,,, got all these colour schemes rolling around in my head.

Gee, just noticed these lures were posted nearly 2 years ago!!!!!!!!!!! Where has that time gone?
Pete
peterayn@yahoo.com.au
Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2015 at 6:32pm
time to do another lot pete and you have my order.

Old Rattler View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Old Rattler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2015 at 12:23am
As a newbie to th art of making lures I am in awe of these lures, plus many others I have seen on this forum, amazing work I must say 😃
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic