Forum Home Forum Home > Australian Lures > SA Lures > Mark A Lures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Recent captures

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Fysshe Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Fysshe Salmon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Recent captures
    Posted: 05 May 2023 at 10:26am
Mark sent me a couple of his lures about 10 years ago and I had to admit I was a bit on the lazy side when it came to using them. Last weekend I wasn't having much luck with our local pelagics for our comp so I put out a 'Creeky Mullet' near the channel marker. Only minutes later I hooked a very stubborn 70cm Golden Trevally. The lure swam well at a fast pace with no signs of blowing out. 
Last night we had a good bright moon, so I clipped on a 'Jack Snax' to try for a Barra off the beach. This lure runs a little deeper than I usually like but at a slower pace with subtle pauses, it worked great. Second cast I latched onto a solid fish that buried me in the mangroves that required a little wading to extricate. A very nice Flathead that definitely fought above his weight division. I reckoned I was fishing a little too deep as I could feel the lure hitting the sand quite often, so I slowed the retrieve even slower and soon got a legal Barra in the same spot I had been wading! Bait was travelling past and I even spotted a small Barra swim past my feet so I cast in its direction and landed another Barra about 50cm.
I have that lure still on the rod and the next two nights are looking good for a repeat....

Fysshe
rally44 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Lee's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rally44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2023 at 11:33am
Well done Ian, you sometimes have to try every thing in your arsenal to score! Socks with Crocs up here?? Cheers Richard.
Dads in the shed making saw-dust again.
rodsncods View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rodsncods Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2023 at 11:54am
yeah, eyes like custard pies when it come to mud lizardsConfused. good going ian. . . .mick
BEER IS PROOF THAT GOD LOVES US AND WANTS US TO BE HAPPY!!!
bassnbob View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
B.O.B Timber Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bassnbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2023 at 12:07pm
NICE lures& fish allround very well doneClapClapClapClap
hooknose View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hooknose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2023 at 1:25pm
Nice work Ian !!
Cheers Steve R  !!!
MAN I LOVE FISHING ! ! !
Fysshe Salmon View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Fysshe Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fysshe Salmon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2023 at 1:33pm
Need socks Richard, bloody midges crawl through the holes...
Fysshe
rodsncods View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rodsncods Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2023 at 1:55pm
yeah, i was thinking of the other crocsLOL. . .mick
BEER IS PROOF THAT GOD LOVES US AND WANTS US TO BE HAPPY!!!
puglee62 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fugly Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puglee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2023 at 8:41am
nice work Fysshe,yes theres always a lure or two that get overlooked but are actually very good.Theres some decent fish there
that's no how ye make porridge!
horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2023 at 5:05pm
Great captures Ian. Love Mark’s lures and have lost way too many to big fish. They always swim well and the finish is great.
Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic