LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Australian Lures > QLD Lures > Ringtail Lures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ringtail lures

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pokenabout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ringtail lures
    Posted: 05 Dec 2010 at 8:41pm
G day everyone I have a quantity of timber ringtail lures that were made by a fellow in toowoomba about 15-20 years ago are these to be considered in a collection or am i wasting space with these?
Aussbasstony View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussbasstony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2010 at 8:47pm
Mate Ringtails are a fantastic lure to collect, I have a hand full of them and love them.

I am pretty sure the maker has made a few more now but are nothing like the original ones you would have.
Please post a picture of your set if you can, I have 5 deep diving Codish looking ringtails and one longer minnow Rintail.

So in Short No they are not wastteing space if you still think they are let me know and I will take them off you to clear space

Cheers Tony
Tony View Drop Down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2010 at 8:50pm
Gday Tim and welcome to Lurelovers  Smile

They are very nicely made lures. I believe they are collectable, especially the early ones. Here's a few examples I have.

Cheers, Tony

For the love of Fishing Lures.
pokenabout View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pokenabout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2010 at 8:58pm
thanks guys shall post some pickies

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pokenabout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2011 at 6:39pm
and here they are 
Darby View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fishaholic Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2011 at 7:12pm
Very nice group of Ashleighs lures, and seeing they can't go north of Caboolture and south of Beenleigh or west of Ipswich due to flooding, I have a nice cabinet in Brisbane that would love to call them home Wink

Cheers Brad
"If you are going to have fun with your rod.. get some wood

LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussbasstony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2011 at 7:36pm
Great lures and thanks for the colour chart Thumbs Up

I only have a hand full but they great !

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pokenabout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2011 at 7:38pm
thanks mate i am told he may be making these again Im not selling any. Sorry
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussbasstony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2011 at 8:12pm
Originally posted by pokenabout pokenabout wrote:

thanks mate i am told he may be making these again Im not selling any. Sorry

Yes they are being made again but from the ones I've seen they do look a little different from the older ones you,I and other members have. 
Tony View Drop Down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2011 at 9:27pm
Thanks for sharing the pics Tim - Very nice lures Thumbs Up

Cheers, Tony

For the love of Fishing Lures.
Lefty View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lefty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2011 at 12:06pm
Nice collection guys, I have never heard of them but wow they look great...
Pressy Boy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pressy Boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2011 at 12:21pm
Never heard of or seen these before but they look great and would be a great native lure to say the least.
monty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2011 at 1:15pm
hi,they started  making them again recently. bought a few from fish n bits at toowoomba last year. only 7 colours in the range. was up there a coulple of months ago but had none left. chris
MONTY
PeterMack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PeterMack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2011 at 2:23pm
Very nice collection Tim, thanks for sharing.

Pete.
Regards Peter Mack.
keith2372 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keith2372 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2014 at 7:44pm
Hi everyone just got offered some Ringtail lures but I'm not quite sure what to pay could anyone give me a rough idea? They are in new condition and they are about 10 years old
cheers Keith
lead lure View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lead lure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2014 at 8:27pm
   Kieth I last brought ringtails at local tackle shop within last 3 years    cheers Graeme
ringtail View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Ringtail Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringtail Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2015 at 11:14pm
Hi there its Ashley here, I've started making ringtail lures again you can get them on ebay or you can order them via email ringtaillures@hotmail.com   cheers Ashley
horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2015 at 10:59am
Ashley, can you post up photos of your lures - models and colours?Thumbs Up
Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
ringtail View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Ringtail Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ringtail Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2015 at 4:54pm
HiMate, haven't got the full range together yet, will put them up as soon as I do. you could have a look on ebay for the ones iv'e got together so far cheers Ashley
horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2015 at 5:03pm
Cheers AshleyThumbs Up
Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic