LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Australian Lures > QLD Lures > Local Lures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ron Henderson

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ron Henderson
    Posted: 13 Jun 2013 at 11:59am
Found this interesting story in Fishing Monthly June 2001

regards John

Tony View Drop Down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2013 at 1:28pm
What a great article, thanks for posting it up John Thumbs Up

I had the pleasure of meeting Ron at the expo, unfortunately we didn't get to chat for long although it was an honour to meet him - we are very fortunate to have such talented anglers and luremakers amongst the LureLovers community with such a vast amount of experience.

(I need to do the maths soon on how increasing the maximum image size will affect our bandwidth and storage as I may be able to fit it in the budget thanks to the support from our members - that would make it a lot easier to read the scanned articles that you so generously share with us.)

Cheers, Tony

For the love of Fishing Lures.
Screamingreel View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2013 at 3:10pm
It is hard to read I will look at increasing the size my end ,and try putting it up again. Perhaps it may also be the size used by the magazine.

regards John
Tony View Drop Down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2013 at 4:16pm
Currently if you upload a larger image it will be automatically resized after upload, If you could please email the larger image through to me John I'll gladly get it sorted Thumbs Up (longer term solution coming soon)

Cheers, Tony

For the love of Fishing Lures.
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2013 at 6:20pm
Will do mateThumbs Up
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2013 at 10:48pm
Thanks Tony
steiny View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steiny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2013 at 11:24pm
Great article John..thanks for posting it up!
cheers steiny
Red Hunter View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Red Hunter Fishing Rods

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2013 at 7:18am
Thanks for posting , injoyed reading the article .
Darkside Slayer and Zombie hunter.
trevron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trevron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2013 at 9:31am
Hi, Ron might be reading all this, he is turning his computer more these days he tells me. Ron, myself and others were among the founding members of the Brisbane Sportfishing Club in the early '70's. We probably were amongst the first in SE Qld to really take lure fishing as our primary fishing method and I can confirm his fishing expertise as was posted. I've kept in touch with him over the years, caught up with Ron at the expo, and had good old yarn. One great thing, is that he in only on one walking stick now, hope he can get rid of the other one. It's an absolute tragedy that a medical malfunction can keep a man of Ron's calibre from fishing that was he is capable of.
Trev 
Seaweed View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
née Capt.Seaweed

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seaweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2013 at 10:02am
Thanks for the great read, I'm lucky to have one of Ron's 'Local Lures' made for barra, in my collection.
Seaweed.
"Always Merry and Bright"
retiredron View Drop Down

Local Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote retiredron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2013 at 7:00pm
Hi John,-- Thanks for the post from a long time ago. I thought it had gone to the archives ages ago.
Actually I don't remember doing half of the things written about, then again these days I am flat out
remembering what I did last week. Thanks again for bringing back some highlights of days gone by.
RON
greybeard
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2013 at 8:04pm
Your welcome, Ron.

regards John
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic