LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Lure Making > The Art of Fly Tying
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sage 6weight with a Sage strong carry case

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sage 6weight with a Sage strong carry case
    Posted: 04 Jun 2014 at 3:35am
Picked up  the above Sage yesterday.

Is it right that you can use a fly line one above or below the size recorded on the rod with out much trouble

Regards John.
Bigriver View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Kneller Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigriver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2014 at 7:10am
G'day John, pretty much depends on the rod and what style of fishing you are doing? With floating lines you can often go up a line size, especially if you need to punch bigger lake flies out or for battling head winds, of course the trade off can be presentation suffers on very small flies. Some people choose to go down a line size on sinking lines as they tend to be (obviously) heavier, but that can vary on how extreme the taper is? Clear as mud really Confused I am not sure which Sage rod you have? But as a rule most of the Sage rods I own tend to be a bit on the beefier side anyway.
Screamingreel View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2014 at 8:17am
Thanks Paul

According to the info I found out last night I secured a Sage FLI 690, appears now no longer available
which did little or no work at all
I had thoughts of perhaps placing a 5 for light stream work. Now need to acquire the appropriate fly line if practical.

Regards John
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic