LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Lure Making > Make your own Fishing Lures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Salvage Lure Belly - ET top coat

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sudanraghu2210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Salvage Lure Belly - ET top coat
    Posted: 03 Aug 2017 at 3:28am
Hi,  Good Evening !!

Today was critical day, because after my first post based on the suggestion & advised I did top coat again and followed the steps :

light sanding the affected parts – cleaned the whole lure with rubbing alcohol – mixed 2 part for 4 minutes – left it for 15 minutes – re-coated the whole lure with new brush – kept it on my drying wheel for 12 hours.

End result no improvement with epoxy got pulled  not only from the  edges of  belly but also from few places in the centre . This again left small small fish eyes all over the belly and frustration again as this was my 4th ET coat , 1st  I did after  foiling and  3 top coats.

I was aware and now worried that weight of the lures will increase from 24 gm and which may affect the action of the lure.

I took a final call and  redo the above steps 5th time, but this time I applied thick coat of  ET on the belly while on the remaining parts only one one brush strokes and kept it on drying wheel overnight for 12 hrs again.

Initial 30 minutes were very critical after starting the wheel rolling and gradually got a feeling after looking at the belly that this time it will  Ok.

Morning when I saw it was great surprise that belly look great except some black spots. Still I was having doubt on the action of the lures, few minutes back I tested in my bathroom tub and has the action as well. The weight of lure with hooks now increased to 27 gm from 24 gms .

Thanks  Dave, BOB & Nichos for the great tips which helped me to salvage the aesthetic view of the lure while maintain the action…………………….. Cheers Smile

Thanks & Regards, Raghubir

Here are some of the pictures:

video Link: https://youtu.be/SfDhACduAdM

Please pardon me for the quality of video which i took while moving the rod with one hand and making video on my cell phone

p.j. View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2017 at 6:00am
Great looking Lures you have made Raghubir. Hope we soon see some nice Fish caught on them Smile
P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
EVEN CUSTOM DOGS LIKE THEM
sudanraghu2210 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sudanraghu2210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2017 at 6:47am
Hi Per 

Thanks, i am getting ready with my own lures for the coming season starting from September on wards here in dubai hope to catching some good fishes.

Regards, Raghubir
bassnbob View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
B.O.B Timber Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bassnbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2017 at 6:59am
WELL done looks good the fish should be all over ya new lure there broClapClapClapClapTongueregards bob
MadDogLures View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Mad Dog Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadDogLures Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2017 at 8:53am
They look fantastic RaghubirThumbs Up

Cheers,
Dave
Life is fishing!
sudanraghu2210 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sudanraghu2210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2017 at 1:32pm
Hi Dave

Good morning

Thanks to be there for all the needful advise and tips.

I did it the way you advised while keeping in mind what Bob

Suggested.

Thanks again

Regards, Raghubir
MadDogLures View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Mad Dog Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadDogLures Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2017 at 6:18pm
Originally posted by sudanraghu2210 sudanraghu2210 wrote:

Hi Dave

Good morning

Thanks to be there for all the needful advise and tips.

I did it the way you advised while keeping in mind what Bob

Suggested.

Thanks again

Regards, Raghubir

No worries Raghubir, We all here to helpSmile

Cheers,
Dave
Life is fishing!
horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2017 at 7:16pm
ClapClapClap That came up great Raghubir ClapClapClap
Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic