LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Lure Making > Make your own Fishing Lures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Silent Vibes

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Silent Vibes
    Posted: 12 Dec 2017 at 7:44pm
It's been a while since I have posted pictures of lures. Here is the last batch of what I call TC50's. I experimented with Meranti instead of my usual Jelutong. Wasn't very impressed with Meranti, grain shows up a bit without a ton of filler, but it was cheap and easy. These are silent, I sometimes make a single knocker version, and have been my go-to bass hardbody the last few seasons. Enough there to keep the bass busy for another year or two anyway. Plan to put single hooks on to keep thme a bit more snag proof.

34 South
horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2017 at 8:09pm
ClapWOW they look greatClap Show us your captures on them pleaseThumbs Up
Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
DocYarrum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DocYarrum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2017 at 9:34pm
These little babies look awesome!!
Well done and I can see why they would slay the bass.
Cheers,

Troy
Tbolt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2017 at 7:41am
Sweet! Great looking lures and you're right about the Meranti, it's not great for small lures.

Cheers, Cliff
TimmO View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TimmO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2017 at 7:48pm
The look fantastic. I’m digging the black with silver scales far right.
puglee62 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fugly Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puglee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2017 at 7:55pm
great little lures Tim,very nicely finishedThumbs Up
that's no how ye make porridge!
Baroo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baroo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2017 at 1:18pm
Yep, bloody beautiful,lovely little lollies.< ="text/" ="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/571d97fd//helpers/preHelper.js">
Regards,

Marc - STDZ Lures - Catch fish,fish a STDZ instead.
sudanraghu2210 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sudanraghu2210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2017 at 6:00am
Hi

Tim, they are really cute and fine piece of craft.
Great work......Cheers👍

Raghubir
TJC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote TJC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2017 at 6:19am
Thanks for the kind comments everyone. Although not from this batch, here is an example of how I weight the lures. A very easy way to ensure consistency.

34 South
Tbolt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2018 at 3:04pm
Cool, thanks, I should try to make a couple of them one day Thumbs Up 
Cheers Cliff
TJC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2018 at 9:07am
I learnt a valuable lesson from the vibes above, Meranti is too heavy/dense to make vibes unless you put a ton of lead weight into them. Otherwise instead of getting a nice vibration action you'll get more of a wide sway, also instead on sinking straight down with a nice wobble on the drop they'll lean on their side. So back to using Jelutong! I've also started to play around with balsa.

Anyway, here are a few small bream sized vibes in two sizes 35 and 40mm. They work best with assist hooks. I use them similar to a blade except you can get a much slower drop. Bigger lure is just a bit of experimentation with a piece of off cut, gets a nice vibe but needs to be worked more like a plastic.

34 South
sudanraghu2210 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sudanraghu2210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2018 at 1:35pm
Hi

Tim, good morning they look nice. Send a link how they preform in water.

Good work, keep coming.....Cheers

Raghubir
puglee62 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fugly Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puglee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2018 at 7:13pm
i'd like to see that tooThumbs Up
that's no how ye make porridge!
DocYarrum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DocYarrum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2018 at 9:04pm
Ditto that.
Would love to see their action as well.
How heavy are both models in total, fitted with hooks etc?
Cheers,

Troy
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic