LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Australian Lures > QLD Lures > Ollies Stingrays
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

"Six of the Best"

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colsel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: "Six of the Best"
    Posted: 30 Jul 2011 at 6:41pm

Back in May I requested Ollie to put together a boxed set of his fabulous shrimps for my collection. I supplied him with images of Australian parrots and cockatoos as inspiration for some of the colour selections and left the rest up to him.

These turned up today. What a triumph! The quality craftsmanship, brilliant paintwork and magnificent presentation are a great testament to his creative talents. The care and attention to detail that has gone into these masterpieces has blown me away and I feel privileged to accept them. Australia certainly is blessed with some of the best lure makers in the world.

It's a pleasure to share these with you all.
Oldman View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Guide
LureLovers.com Guide

Beta Tester

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2011 at 6:46pm
Col
Very nice.
Should look good with your other cray's.
Laurie.
Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2011 at 6:47pm
very nice set...........ollie is a master for sureClap
Jas
Nichos Maulers Homemade timber lures....THEY CATCH FISH!

YA DONT KNOW...IF YA DONT GO...SO GET OUT THERE AND... FISH IT
RAVA View Drop Down
Industry Member
Industry Member
AkLures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RAVA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2011 at 7:08pm
WOW they are just awesome Ollie is one very very talented lure maker 666666ClapClapClapClap I to am just blown away by his work Smile
Fish hate me!!!

Cheers Gary
CaptainCranky View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Guide
LureLovers.com Guide
Beta Tester

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainCranky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2011 at 9:55pm
Fabulous work Ollie.Were some of the parrots,Galah,Princess,Regent,Superb and that's all I can remember from my bird days.
The Journey is the Reward

Powelly View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Powell Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Powelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2011 at 10:13pm
A very talented man, is Ollie ClapClapClap

Fantastic looking lures and the box sets it off perfectly.

Cheers

Travers
puglee62 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fugly Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puglee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2011 at 10:57pm
beautiful lures from a real craftsman and a good bloke to boot,i dunno much about parrots but there looks to be a rosella color in thereLOLThumbs Up
edzard View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Ollie's Stingrays

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2011 at 10:05am
Thank you all for your kind words, certainly enjoyed making them, love a challenge especially when they're at this size(body length is 50mm and nippers were 28mmX7mm) lost count of how many times I dropped the nippers while sanding. Here is a couple of extra photos before glueing the bibs.
Cheers
Ollie

bassnbob View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
B.O.B Timber Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bassnbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2011 at 4:43pm
NICE OLLIE very very sexy nippers indeedyClapClapClapClapClapClapBig smileBig smileregards bob
Jeff View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2011 at 4:46pm
 Absolutely AWESOME ... well done Big smile
darcymenchin View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Mencho Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darcymenchin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2011 at 5:50pm
Ollie you are the master ,
Regards Darcy.

Red Hunter View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Red Hunter Fishing Rods

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2011 at 5:59pm
WOW
horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2011 at 7:49pm
It has been said many times before that there are many talented lure makers and they seem to be on this site especially. How good are these?
Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
handbrake View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote handbrake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2011 at 12:43am
They look wonderful. Who was it that said luremakers don't make pretty lures. They attract me and no doubt the fish too.
Lure-Nut View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder

Tonk Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lure-Nut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2011 at 8:47am
Col .... absolutely stunning - I've got a horrible feeling however that your getting way too attached to Crays these days

Cheers

Rob
colsel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colsel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2020 at 1:12pm
I recently felt motivated to revisit these Shrimps that Ollie did for me back in 2011 and this time hopefully do them a little more justice photographically wise.
As well, I've added in a photo of a matched colour set of three Shrimps that Ollie had crafted earlier the same year. These came in a spectacular circular display case made from Red Cedar and Rosewood which was turned by hand by Ollie's Dad.

Regards,
Col

ArdentAngler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArdentAngler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2020 at 1:44pm
Col, That is a beautiful set. Have you tried any of them yet?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic