Forum Home Forum Home > Australian Lures > QLD Lures > Lucinda
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

small Lou's lures - name?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: small Lou's lures - name?
    Posted: 05 Mar 2013 at 5:09pm
These are some of my Lucinda Lures. I have some questions for Lou-
I believe that you only made 20 or 30 of these small lures?
What did you call them as you didn't tell me their name when I got them off you?
What was the time frame that you stopped marking "Lucinda Lures" on your lures (as in the 2 bottom lures)?

Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
lungi View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Lucinda Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lungi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2013 at 7:42pm

G’day Martin,

Several years ago a couple of mates convinced me to make a batch of small lures which ran very shallow. They were targeting Barra and Sooties in the lagoons of the upper Herbert River which had only a few inches of water over reed beds.

They were happy with the result and scored a heap of fish with them but I found that they were very slow sellers and took years to move them. After the first batch of around 20/30 no more were made and were never named.

Mate, I reckon it’s fantastic to see your five lures once again and in such good condition. One rare lure like this to survive the years would be exceptional – five? WOW!Clap

As far as recording ‘Lucinda Lures’ on my lures, my earlier ones were not marked until about 5/6 years if memory serves me correctly. I was concerned about the durability of the ink until I came across an electrical marking pen which seemed to do the job ok.

Cheers Lou,

Just bung ' em in the water mate & hang on !!
micknq View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micknq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2013 at 8:33pm
Thanks for the info Lou , here's another 3 of them .
redfish11 View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redfish11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2013 at 8:37pm

And a few more.

Allan
steiny View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steiny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2013 at 8:43pm
If anyone wants to trade one of those...I have a few trades. Would like to add one to the collection.
cheers steiny
lungi View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Lucinda Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lungi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2013 at 10:07pm
OMG. And here's me without a single example of these little buggers. Cry
Cheers Lou,

lungi View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Lucinda Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lungi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2013 at 8:25pm
I would like to publicly acknowledge Martin's generous offer to send me one of his five lures. What a magnificent gesture - thanks mate, you are one of the best.Clap
Cheers Lou,

Darby View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fishaholic Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2013 at 8:47pm
Well done Martin 66

Lou, I think its amazing that 3 members here have 30% of those lures ever made Thumbs Up

Brad
"If you are going to have fun with your rod.. get some wood

lungi View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Lucinda Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lungi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2013 at 8:47pm
As a matter of interest, most of these small lures have "reverse coloration" i.e. dark coloured underbody instead of my normal light shades.

My reasoning for this is because the lure runs shallow, a dark underbody will be silhouetted against the lighter sky giving fish a better chance of noticing and attacking it.

That's the theory anyway - seems to work ok.
Cheers Lou,

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic