LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Lure Making > Make your own Fishing Lures > 3D Printed Lures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

So Who`s using 3D Printers for designing ?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lycan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: So Who`s using 3D Printers for designing ?
    Posted: 06 Jun 2017 at 9:05pm
Hi All,

Was just curious how many people on here are using 3D printers for design / prototyping purposes, the type of printer / filaments they use and what designing and slicing software they use ??

Mine is as follows :

Two printers, 1 Creator X and 1 Creator Pro - both dual extrusion.

I use the creator X with PLA filament purely for base prototyping and once happy move over to the Creator Pro which I run ABS, with most prints done with only a 10% infill which provides sufficient strength for testing purposes.

I run my PLA with 208 for extruder and bed temp of 65, for the ABS I run 225 and 108 - 110 for the bed temp.

For designing purposes I use a combination of Cinema 4D and meshmixer.

And for slicing software which is probably one of the most critical factors affecting the end result, I only use Simplify 3D, had previously used a lot of other slicer programs but Simplify leaves them all for dead.

Anyway I was bored and just thought would see if anyone else was discovering just how beneficial 3D printing can be to lure designing.

In saying that, I still salute all those that hand carve timber lures and if its any consolation to you guys, I can spend in excess of 40 hours programming to design some of my projects, some of which you will understand why when I post my completed creations over the next month.

Cheers
Steve
Living outside of the square means never having to sit in the corner
hazmail View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Rayna Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hazmail Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2017 at 10:19pm
It looks like the coming thing Steve, but it really has been a long time coming- Can't wait to see your ideas / creations.
 "McLeoud'' (Angus Giles) posted some on his blog (and here I think) that looked pretty good about a year back, may be worth checking them out??.Thumbs Up
Pete
   'RAYNA' ---Free Range Lures
peterayn@yahoo.com.au
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic