LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Lure Making > The Art of Fly Tying
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Some of my flies

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big-Pete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Some of my flies
    Posted: 01 Jan 2013 at 7:02pm
Hi here are a few of my flies, only box full there are about twenty more boxes and then there are the ones I threw into what ever containers I could find.

Big-Pete
CaptainCranky View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Guide
LureLovers.com Guide
Beta Tester

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainCranky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2013 at 9:15pm
Sensational flies.A lot of time and effort has gone into them not to mention the researching of the animals involved.Thank you for posting them up.
The Journey is the Reward

Screamingreel View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2013 at 9:12am
Great flies  mate like the green material
puglee62 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fugly Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puglee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2013 at 7:35pm
you've got some killer flies there Pete,love the troutflies you've got pretty much every stream or lake scenario covered there (the brown muddler and the humpy look awesome),i like that popper too is that mesh material you use good to work with? and do fish eventually puncture the epoxy waterproofing?,i'm curious as i'm keen to make some of those myself
Big-Pete View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big-Pete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2013 at 8:39pm
puglee62,
I tied a royal woulf down to a twenty 22 size hook, the popper is easy to tie and it is coated with silicon so it has some give, but a thin coat of epoxy would work as well. They hold up pretty well just make sure the cup face is well coated as it takes most of the punishment. I havent got the pattern here with me when I resume fly tying in a couple of weeks I will find the pattern.

Big-Pete
puglee62 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fugly Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puglee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2013 at 7:21am
i used to be able to tie size 22 hooks once but now my eyes arent that goodLOL,wow thats not bad Pete
i'll have a go at that popper with the silicone,ive seen the pattern where they use epoxy but silicone makes more sense i think, thanks for that
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic