Forum Home Forum Home > Australian Lures > QLD Lures > Leads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Some older styles

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
LureLovers.com Guide
LureLovers.com Guide
Beta Tester

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote CaptainCranky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Some older styles
    Posted: 02 Aug 2011 at 9:08am
Here are some of Terry's earlier models.The top deep diver is labelled Garfish,whereas others are marked Barra and 5" and 3" underneath the hand signature.These would all be early to late 80's as far as I know.
The price sticker is from the original Bransford's Tackle Shop at the waterfront in Cairns.$4.80 retail.It would be late 70's to early 80's.

The next ones are early 80's to Mid 80's

The next are very interesting as they are from the 70's early to mid.One has been verified by Terry as 1970 as he made it at High School when he was 16yo.

The last ones are mid to late 70's with some early 80's.

The Journey is the Reward

simon bruce View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Guide
LureLovers.com Guide

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simon bruce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2011 at 9:17am
You've blown me away with those ones skipper.

The skeleton ones are a good looking lure.

Shapes have certainly progressed from the early ones.

Simon
Tony View Drop Down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2011 at 9:34am
Thank you for taking the time to catalogue and share that incredible mountain of information Barry  StarStarStarStarStar

I think I need to scroll back up to admire these beauties some more! Big smile

This thread deserves to be a "sticky" topic (pinned to top of the topic list in the forum) I think Thumbs Up

Cheers, Tony

For the love of Fishing Lures.
rally44 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Lee's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rally44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2011 at 9:44am
Barry, Very, very nice, talent shows through from all those years ago.Where they some of Dannies? Cheers Richard.
Seaweed View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
née Capt.Seaweed

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seaweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2011 at 10:36am
Great bunch Barry, that one with the early Bransford's price sticker, a real collectable.
Had no idea he started that early, thanks for showing, first time I visited Cairns I was 21yrs. in 1971 and can remember the original shop on the water, not far from the original marlin weigh gantry.
Regards, Tony.
"Always Merry and Bright"
CaptainCranky View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Guide
LureLovers.com Guide
Beta Tester

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainCranky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2011 at 12:29pm
A couple came in the lures the other day Richard.

bluey View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2011 at 7:03pm
Great lures
even that lot is more than i have in total, good to see they are saved from snags

regards George
fatplymouth58 View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatplymouth58 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2012 at 12:30am
they look like late 80's they have leads lures writin on them the one i have has LL writen in them that was early 80's got it off terry when i was 9 years old and that was 39 years ago
steiny View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steiny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2014 at 7:55pm
Some very nice early lures...well done!
cheers steiny
tjanda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tjanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2016 at 11:11am
Just WOW mate. Out of curiosity which is the one terry confirmed was made at school? Cheers sonny
CaptainCranky View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Guide
LureLovers.com Guide
Beta Tester

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainCranky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2016 at 11:28pm
3Rd pic.
Bottom lure.
It was confirmed  1969 not 1970 as per original post.

tjanda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tjanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2016 at 6:34am
Thankyou mate keep em coming
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic