LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Lure Making > Make your own Fishing Lures > Lures you have made
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Spraycan painted prototypes

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lycan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Spraycan painted prototypes
    Posted: 22 Oct 2017 at 6:05pm
Hi All,

Just thought would post a few images of todays very roughly spray can painted flow through lure designs, just wanted some colour on them before attaching bib and eyelets - couldn't be bothered setting up the air brush as they are just for my own use and only ever airbrush the saleable ones.

Cheers
Steve
Living outside of the square means never having to sit in the corner
MadDogLures View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Mad Dog Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadDogLures Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2017 at 6:14pm
I like them, great colours and great lure.
Keep up the great work.

Cheers,
Dave
Life is fishing!
ben View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ben Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2017 at 6:26pm
they look very good!
Lycan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lycan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2017 at 6:29pm
Thanks Dave,

I like the two below above the rest at present, will have to air brush the next few just to see the difference.

The air brush and I will have to wait until the weather and time are more acceptable
Lycan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lycan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2017 at 6:32pm
Thanks Ben,

All I have been concerned about so far was design criteria, dive quicker / deeper and vibrate like hell. The new concept is the easy part, acquiring the painting skills will drive me nuts.

Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Mad Dog Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadDogLures Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2017 at 6:33pm
Love that green one you have in the first photo

Also keep going with the great art work you have and try new things.

Cheer's
Dave
Life is fishing!
Lycan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lycan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2017 at 6:51pm
Thanks Dave,

I don't mind the blue / black on this one, would love to try trolling it and its larger cousin in some salt water just to see what takes an interest in it.

Looking at all the fantastic artist work that some of the guys post on this site really makes me want to run and hide, full credit to all those guys that have taken to the time to develop such fantastic skills.

I love designing and creating - not a fan of remaking the same thing over & over, always looking for a new problem to solve.

Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Mad Dog Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadDogLures Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2017 at 6:57pm
Looking forward to seeing your next work of art.

Cheers,
Dave
Life is fishing!
al49 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote al49 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2017 at 7:02pm
they look really nice,is the flow thru to pull them down to a deeper depth
Lycan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lycan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2017 at 7:17pm
Hi al49,

Yes the specific flow throw angles reduce the drag on the lure body by allowing water to pass through the lure, then coupled with the inside angles of the flutes as water passes through the body it places additional lift pressure on the rear of the lure which in turn provides downward thrust on the bib if that makes sense ??

The added kicker is that they vibrate like hell, which was just an unexpected bonus.

I wanted something that dived quick and don't create too much line drag, plus I had always promised myself I would never make a diving lure unless it was a totally left field new concept - I think taking up knitting would have been easier.
horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2017 at 8:46pm
For a "rough"paint job, they came up very wellClap
Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
samurai View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
JaySea Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samurai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2017 at 10:52am
Geez, rough you say? they look great to me, keep up the good work and always remember paint jobs are only for the fishermen the fish don't care  if the paint work is rough or greatWink

Cheers Warren
Any Brand Of Lure Is Only As Good As The Fishermen Using It.
stickleback View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stickleback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2017 at 10:13pm
Nothing wrong with the paint work mate - any chance of some video footage of the lures action?
Cod Classic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cod Classic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2017 at 1:10am
"Lycan"

I'll be calling past soon for another round of show & tell! You are letting the cat out of the bag :-), keep up the great work.

Cheers TB
Lycan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lycan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2017 at 5:35am
HI TB,

Waited till the whole innovation patent process was complete, and now just figured as they are about to be released might as well throw it out there.

Will talk soon

The " Ideas Man " strikes again   
p.j. View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2017 at 6:44am
Very interesting concept, and great paint work. Looking forward to see more about these Lures ClapClap

Knaek & Break
               Per
P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
EVEN CUSTOM DOGS LIKE THEM
Jeff View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2017 at 5:00pm
Wish I could get neat jobs like that with a spray can Confused  They look great man ,,, I wouldnt bother with the air brush if I could get that happening . I end up with too much paint and a mess Angry
I like pretty painted sticks
Lycan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lycan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2017 at 8:25pm
Thanks ALL for the positive comments, much appreciated.

Have some other designs in progress and shall post them in the near future after a few more trials.

Steve
puglee62 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fugly Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puglee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2017 at 8:32pm
nothing wrong with those paintjobs mate ,if only my proto's were painted that wellEmbarrassedSmile.i'm very keen to see how these go,i like your ideaThumbs Up
that's no how ye make porridge!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic