Forum Home Forum Home > Australian Lures > SA Lures > Bill Jackson
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

STOP PRESS

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Bill Jackson Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bilge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: STOP PRESS
    Posted: 19 Oct 2012 at 3:29pm
Some time ago I was asked to make some lures for a mate who fishes Pt Augusta for Big Kings. I dully made a couple which I hoped might do the job. I have just come home and went through the phone messages to find out he was in Augusta and had just landed a 16kg or thereabouts kingy on one of the lures. It was the only one caught on the surface, when a school blew out on the surface GUESS WHO'S A HAPPY CAMPER. Hopefully I will have photos tomorow. Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!
NewYear
The older I get the more I learn.
Powelly View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Powell Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Powelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2012 at 5:43pm
Careful, Bill.  Have you got new batteries in the Pace Maker?LOL

Isn't it great when a plan comes together.  Well done. ClapClapClap

Looking forward to seeing a few photos. Big smile

Cheers

Travers
bilge View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Bill Jackson Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bilge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2012 at 7:02pm
No pacemaker Travers but the bottle of shiraz is empty. Guess I will have to have a Riesling with the golden snapper (fingermark I am told).  YummoSleepySleepySleepy 
Jimmac View Drop Down

JM Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2012 at 10:17pm
Hot diggerty....  good job Bill  Clap
Jim
bilge View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Bill Jackson Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bilge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2012 at 10:26pm
Just got photos of fish and lure. Unfortunately the lure was badly caught in the environet so had to be taken out of the fish so it could be quickly returned. The fish were on the surface in 35 ft of water. See attached photos.

SmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmile   Billj
barneyminno View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Deep River Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote barneyminno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2012 at 5:13am
Thats awesome Billj Smile

Definitely one for a wall mounted photo!

cheers,
Barney.
Red Hunter View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Red Hunter Fishing Rods

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2012 at 6:00am
Yee Harr , good one Bill , great King fish too . Thumbs Up
SNAFU View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
RIPP-N LURES

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNAFU Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2012 at 7:28am
Bloody good stuff there Bill..excitement plus mate

Mick!!!
Screamingreel View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2012 at 7:48am
Bill is that the old style, solid, stainless trebles on the lure, they seem to be harder to find nowadays if they are.I used them alot back in the 70's
regards John
bilge View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Bill Jackson Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bilge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2012 at 8:01am
G'day John, No they are owner trebles, not a good photo, may have been taken on a phone??? I used Eagle claw stainless trebles until my son lost a large Mulloway (his 1st big one) on one when it snapped in the bite of the treble. Billj
Davent View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2012 at 11:32am
Bill, you might want to make yourself a few of them for your next trip up here. I was useing an 85gm, 180 mm stick bait the other night, and although no solid hook ups, I had 1 HUGE boof that missed, and another whack on the rest, both extreme size barra, in a billabong.
bassnbob View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
B.O.B Timber Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bassnbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2013 at 12:46pm
STUD LOOKIN lure great fish alsoClapClapClapClapClapClapBig smileregards bob
Mal Vader View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mal Vader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2013 at 1:23pm
BIG NOTCH!
DARK LORD
In Space, no-one can hear you SCREAM!
Tyenna Dave View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder

Tas Highland Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tyenna Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2013 at 9:28am
Nice result and one to be proud of ,a great capture from the surface   Thumbs Up
I'm currently building 2 Kingy lures for a fellas NZ trip ,i hope they hold up as well as yours Bill !
Well done and nice lure ,
Dave ...
Trout extractor !
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic