LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Australian Lures > QLD Lures > Strike Zone
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Strike Zone Lures

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Strike Zone Lures
    Posted: 02 Mar 2011 at 10:54am
A very extensive range of lures available early 90's M O Tackle

regards John

bassnbob View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
B.O.B Timber Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bassnbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2011 at 2:50pm
THE poppers are very coolBig smileBig smileBig smileBig smileBig smileregards bob
Darby View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fishaholic Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2011 at 7:31pm
Only a fraction of the models they used to make, there was the Psycho range with 4 sizes, the Bug which was smaller than the Squir, The Critter in 2 more sizes and depths, another size in Cicada's, another size in the Predator, a 6" Intruder and then there were the Reflecta lures 2 models in various sizes and the Castaway Lures copies of the Deception crustaceans 2 sizes.

Brad
"If you are going to have fun with your rod.. get some wood

Pilly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2011 at 9:15pm
I love using those Strike Zone Critters Clap
Caught heaps of Bass, Yellas and Silvers on them in North Pine Dam on both the shallow and deep versions a few years ago.
I found some unopened in a box the other day that I had forgotten about. Might have to give them a swim soon to see if the Toga's like them Wink

Cheers
Adrian
Toga Fever
Darby View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fishaholic Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2011 at 9:34pm
Adrian, the Critter Large was the inspiration for my Bass Candy Deep.
 A lot of guys I know that fish the local SEQ dams swear by them for Bass and Yellows Thumbs Up

Brad

Pilly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2011 at 10:02pm
Nice Lure Brad ClapClap
I don't think I have any of the large ones, I will have to check.
I still have a few of the Critter Small in shallow and deep but I do worry about losing them so I might have to make a similar version myself as you can no longer buy them. Let me know when you make some of your Bass Candy and I will buy some off you. You will have to paint them with the Trademark Strike Zone squiggly lines though. Wink Who has the mould for them these days do you reckon they would want much money for the mould?

Cheers
Adrian
Toga Fever
Darby View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fishaholic Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2011 at 10:47pm
The last owners were still here in Brissie, they just closed the doors after finding reacceptance was difficult after some years where the brand was out of sorts. Not sure what they did with the moulds etc. the moulds were made from RTV so they don't cost much at all, but the master to make the mould was where the cost was, but using flop moulding methods, you could come up with something close.
Will be doing a production run of Bass Candy family soon, probably start next week while I am on holidays Wink Will let you know when the bodies are done and we can talk fave patterns.

Brad

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic