LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > International Lures > Asian Lures > Singapore Fishing Lures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Surface lures

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whipit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Surface lures
    Posted: 18 Mar 2015 at 1:58pm
I got these at a Singapore tackle shop. Couldn't get any info on them, the wife was looking after the shop while the owner was away for the day. I think they are different makers. Was hoping someone here has seen them before and knows something about them.
Cheers Brad.
whipit
whipit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whipit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2015 at 2:14pm
I don't know if the 2 leaf shaped lures are timber. it looks like timber grain on the under side
whipit
whipit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whipit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2015 at 2:15pm
No rattles in them
whipit
Ducks View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ducks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2015 at 2:43pm
The first one is a classic Asian shape called a 'jump frog'.  I bought about 14 various timber and molded ones in Thailand last month from different 'brands' although the molded ones are probably the same mold but different colours, haha.  That particular one is a stunning timber combo! Great pick up.
What struck me about these is that the perform on a straight retrieve, and quite quickly...  Some will 'hop' and some will do like a combo 'hop'/'walk' - they are snakehead specials. I don't remember the rule but the shape of the face around the tow point determines which rod angle to hold your rod. I didn't get a fish on one, as the areas I got fish needed something even more snag proof!

The others definitely look like other Asian shapes I have come across, but I don't know anything about specific target fish/model names/makers/etc.
whipit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whipit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2015 at 3:15pm
Thanks for the info. Always someone here with the answers. I wanted to get a few more but only had those 3 there. The other tackle shops I visited had top end Japanese lures. Great to look through them all because we don't have a lot of them here. Just too expensive for me. Thanks again Ducks.
Cheers Brad
whipit
Steve B View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2015 at 3:23pm
Nice weed guard on that first lure
horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2015 at 6:02pm
Cool looking lures, I too like that timber frog - niceThumbs Up
Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic