LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Australian Lures > QLD Lures > Fugly
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The story so far.....

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ex Member.
Ex Member.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goldtrev68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The story so far.....
    Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 2:08pm
Several years ago I came across a post about State of Origin bite backs....sh eeet they blew my small mind away...within seconds I had PM ed Ollie thinking they were his...Ollie put me on to the correct maker...FUGLY LURES=Chris Sinclair,,,I Pm ed him straight away to see if he could make some for me..I was lucky as he said he would,,so I got some made.When they turned up at 2pm I opened the parcel just sat there looking dumb founded,,,my son comes home at 3.15pm I am still sitting there unmoved looking & shaking my head...with a lure in my hands,,I managed to say to Mitchell here mate have a look at these freaky critters....1 hour latter we are both just shaking our heads,,,saying how twisted is this maker....we did not have a answer to that question....now years latter my collection has swelled some what I am still blown away by Chris`s skill at making lures...I finally met the man at the 2013 lure expo......& now have that answer to the question that I first asked....Chris is indeed a twisted man...very twisted but thank Christ for that because it comes through in his work...& now I class the man as one of my friends....so here is what I have managed to collect so far....a fair selection of Chris`s work....I have told my son that if the house burns down while we are in it to save your self because I will be to busy saving my lures....Chris go NSW 2-1 this mate....my turn to win...... Gary CFSA
Mal Vader View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mal Vader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 2:41pm
The BLUES are Mighty! Cool
So is the Depth of Chris's twisted mind! Thumbs Up
IT TAKES ONE TO KNOW ONE! Approve
Your in good company, Gary. Clap

I have a piece of paper that says I'm not CRAZY! .........Where's YOURS!!! LOL
Cheers   MAL
DARK LORD
In Space, no-one can hear you SCREAM!
Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 3:44pm
GO THE BLUES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And chris is not only a great luremaker but a champion bloke.
Nichos Maulers Homemade timber lures....THEY CATCH FISH!

YA DONT KNOW...IF YA DONT GO...SO GET OUT THERE AND... FISH IT
rodsncods View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rodsncods Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 3:54pm
I've got only a couple of his lures, yes they are great but , YOU ARE ALL CRAZY IF YOUR BACKING THE BLUESWacko.......MICK
Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 3:55pm
that's it!!! everyone send rodsandcods a blue lure.

dishley View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dishley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 6:53pm
Yep the guy is a legend! Hopefully one day i'll get the chance to get up to this expo and meet some of the minds behind the lures I see on this site.

Those bities were the first lure that really just blew me away, I remember thinking how the hell does one person get that much talent and creativity?!?!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've since bought a couple of his lures and had every member of Bass Sydney looking like a warner brothers cartoon, eyes popping out all over the place. 
Looking at your collection it seems I should buy a few more. There's a few there that I am drooling over. Bugger now i'm going to have to buy yet another keyboard! Damn you!!!! LOL
hazmail View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Rayna Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hazmail Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 7:26pm
Yes all of the above, I'm lucky to have a few too, I don't know where you get the time Chris---just too talented for two hands.
Pete
   'RAYNA' ---Free Range Lures
peterayn@yahoo.com.au
BTD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BTD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 8:20pm
ArtisticLUCKY ENOUGH TO HAVE SEEN THAT COLLECTION IN THE FLESH PHOTOES DO NOT DO THOSE LURES THE JUSTICE THEY DESERVE!!!!!!!!!!! WELL DONE TO GARY AND CHRIS......
BTD LURES
goldtrev68 View Drop Down
Ex Member.
Ex Member.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goldtrev68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 8:41pm
Ben you are 100% correct my friend,,,they look good on the LL site but in my lure room,,,,man they are awesome....I need more,,,as I said to you Ben I like numbers,,,10 is great but 100 is like 50 times better....,Gary CFSA
Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 8:42pm
its 10 times better garyGeek

puglee62 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fugly Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puglee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 8:54pm
that's a really nice display Gary,you have way more fuglys than me mateWink QUEENSLANDER!
                                                                                                                   cheers chrisThumbs Up
dishley View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dishley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 8:54pm
Originally posted by Nicho Nicho wrote:

its 10 times better garyGeek

LOL
2RODS View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2RODS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 8:59pm
They are awesome looking lures.. Hope to buy some for my collection soon... Real works of art.
saito View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 9:16pm
I definitely rate Chris's lures up there!
Just for his creativity and also because he is just one of the nicest guys, always smiling!

Keep up the good work mate!
Cheers

James

~Love my Bass fishing~
goldtrev68 View Drop Down
Ex Member.
Ex Member.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goldtrev68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2013 at 9:33pm
I now have a heap more......about 25 more,,,,,but I will not add more pictures as I am planing some very special for them,,,,,I been working on something but alas when your slow things take time,,,& a glass cabinet does not do the justice so be patient & I will show you what I have found......Gary
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic