Forum Home Forum Home > Australian Lures > TAS Lures > JD
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The versatile Eddy Wasp

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

JD/Eddy Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD LURES Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The versatile Eddy Wasp
    Posted: 13 Oct 2010 at 11:09pm
Hi Guys

Starting to wonder just how many species of fish this little lure is suited to.
So far ive seen Yellas, Bass, Bream, Flathead and now Trout.
Little gem of a lure.

JD
Darby View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fishaholic Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2010 at 11:33pm
Jamie, the ol Wasp would have to be one of the most under rated lures of the modern era. So many guys I know swear by them for fresh and salt work. They just didn't seem to spread the word too far...Wink
I blame the ol 'secret fishermans business' attitude LOL

Cheers Darbs
mearzie View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mearzie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2010 at 8:51am
totaly agree there darbs alot of fisho's will keep there best secrets to them selfs
bassnbob View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
B.O.B Timber Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bassnbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2010 at 3:34pm
WHEN I worked as aguide for janika fishin tour in the late 90s the wasp saved our bums afew time let me tell ya we pulled heaps of bass onem out of GLENBAWN&STCLAIR the boss had a tray full of the smallest ones ya could buy at the time ..i always grabed agreen/pink one its akiller on the bass ...NOW i feel real bloody OLD.........regards bobBig smileBig smileBig smile
bassnbob View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
B.O.B Timber Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bassnbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2010 at 7:08pm
THEY were the little DAM busters we were useing killers..................ClapClapClapCoolCoolCoolCool
ropes.basstard View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Guide
LureLovers.com Guide
Asian Lures Guide

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ropes.basstard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2010 at 8:53pm
I also believe there is another problem in play and that's supply. Most tackle shops these days either sell commercially made mass produced lures from Australia, Japan or the USA and ignore our local products. It really cheeses me off. We could help the situation somewhat by creating an on-line list of local producers and how to contact them. For example I would have loved to buy more of the Eddy lures etc but could not find them locally at all.
Hi I'm Ropes and I'm addicted to fishing lures.
Tony View Drop Down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2010 at 9:58pm
I've been working on that for a while ropes - watch this space Wink

Cheers, Tony

For the love of Fishing Lures.
LureLovers.com Guide
LureLovers.com Guide
Asian Lures Guide

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ropes.basstard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2010 at 10:28pm
Tony you've got my interest now.......Hmmmmmm
JD LURES View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

JD/Eddy Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD LURES Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2010 at 8:23am
Hi Ropes

The supply problem is basicly why ive set up the online store with the full range of Eddy Lures now.
Got to say there hasnt been an overwheliming responce to the store but it hasnt been advertised much and many wouldnt know it exists.

Bob
Thats the MINI BUSTER you are reffering to I believe.
Ive caught some trout on those little fellas as well but they were a dynamite Bass lure.

JD 

bassnbob View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
B.O.B Timber Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bassnbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2010 at 12:08pm
YES THEY ARE JD great little bass lure..........ClapClapClapClapBig smileBig smile
LureLovers.com Guide
LureLovers.com Guide
Asian Lures Guide

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ropes.basstard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2010 at 12:36pm
Don't worry JD I will be visting (and buying) at some time in the near future.

PS I already have a few JDs that I bought from a guy in Tassie on that well known auction site, any possible link?
JD LURES View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

JD/Eddy Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD LURES Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2010 at 6:38pm
LOLLOL
Could be ropes

JD
bilge View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Bill Jackson Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bilge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2010 at 7:11pm
 I think Ropes & Darcy are pretty much on the money with their thoughts. Tony I like the Idea of a lure contact list. You should try to get lures in SA from shops, where snapper and whiting are general focus.  Then I wouldnt have to follow up with my contact list.

Billj

The older I get the more I learn.
bilge View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Bill Jackson Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bilge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2010 at 7:14pm
P.S. JD thanks for the lures they were great as are your big lures for cod.

Billj
The older I get the more I learn.
JD LURES View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

JD/Eddy Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD LURES Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2010 at 9:35pm
No Probs Bill

Glad ya liked them.

JD
Screamingreel View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2010 at 10:00am
Tony When you release your list could you please cover if they are still being made or gone out of business retired or taken over.

regards John
Tony View Drop Down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2010 at 1:43pm
Will be allowing for that John Thumbs Up

Cheers, Tony

For the love of Fishing Lures.
Screamingreel View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2010 at 1:59pm
Thanks Tony
doccod View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
B.J.'s Spinnerbaits

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doccod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2010 at 10:12am
The outstanding wasp has caught me a great deal of brown trout and juvenile murray cod as well as reddies yellas bass etc and no bob you cannot have them.B.J.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic